Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-28-2012, 04:10 PM   #1

Size of Rear Slide on 32 bhds

I am new to the forum and found the info here great. Thanks
I am in the process of buying a 32 bhds with a sofa in the rear slide. I am wondering if I remove the sofa in the back slide if there is room for a twin box spring and mattress?
Thanks
bowlboundgman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 05:09 PM   #2

Welcome bowlboundgman... and congratulations on your new 32 BHDS. There are a few folks here with that model of trailer so I am sure they'll have some comments. Take care.

2015 Ford F350 Lariat FX4 6.7 CC DRW
2015 Eagle Premier 351RSTS

Quahog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 05:42 PM   #3

The J-cube sofa folds out into a very nice sized bed. I don't know if you knew that or not. As far as a twin mattress I think the length will be close. I have a 32bhds on order that should be here anytime. If you don't have an answer by then I can measure it for yo. As far as an answer now there are several active people on here that have a 32bhds. If you know the length of a twin mattress you could also email Jayco and they would be able to give you the dimensions of the slide. Good luck.
Old 03-28-2012, 06:23 PM   #4

Thanks, I have one one order. I ordered the J Cube but it is coming with a sofa sleeper.
Old 03-28-2012, 06:54 PM   #5

I'm going to take an educated guess and say that a twin box spring & mattress will be too big. Although the upper bunk on that side is slightly longer than the other side, I don't think it's 6 feet across. A regular twin mattress is around 73" long. Plus, the height of twin mattress/box spring will leave no headroom between upper bunk, if you planned to use it. If not, it folds up. Maybe you'll be pleasantly surprised with the sleeper sofa.
Old 03-28-2012, 07:04 PM   #6

I'm new to the site as well. We bought a 32bhs last year and the j cube option is great for us no need for a bed mattress it is very comfortable it sleep on and just put the pillows back and you a great place for the kids. I have camped my hole life we went from a 5th wheel to the 32 bdhs I think it is possibly the best trailer lay out for a family. The outside kitchen {BAR} is a must have. We are done dreaming about other trailers now that we have this one. We get alot of complements and tours through the trailer you will love it.
good times had by all
jdcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 07:06 PM   #7
Site Team

Welcome to the forum, jdcamper and bowlboundgman!
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 07:15 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowlboundgman View Post
Thanks, I have one one order. I ordered the J Cube but it is coming with a sofa sleeper.
A little confused here, if you ordered the J Cubes then why are you not getting the J Cubes?
usmc616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 08:43 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmc616 View Post
A little confused here, if you ordered the J Cubes then why are you not getting the J Cubes?
The sleeper sofa is instead of the Jay sliding couch, you still get the J-cube unless you order the second bottom bunk w/trundle option.
Preston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 08:45 PM   #10

I can measure the area for the J-cubes tomorrow when I turn my fridge on for camping this weekend, will post tomorrow night if you don't have a response.
Old 03-28-2012, 08:49 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdcamper View Post
I'm new to the site as well. We bought a 32bhs last year and the j cube option is great for us no need for a bed mattress it is very comfortable it sleep on and just put the pillows back and you a great place for the kids. I have camped my hole life we went from a 5th wheel to the 32 bdhs I think it is possibly the best trailer lay out for a family. The outside kitchen {BAR} is a must have. We are done dreaming about other trailers now that we have this one. We get alot of complements and tours through the trailer you will love it.
The J-cube is awesome! It is also very comfortable. The kids (or anyone) can take them to the living room and lay them out to watch TV on. Or you can unfold them and make a queen size bed in the back. The bunk above the entertainment center is a double and 2 can sleep there as well (up to 300lbs.)
Old 03-29-2012, 07:54 AM   #12

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdcamper View Post
The best option for the outside kitchen {BAR} is a Margaritaville Margarita maker. It is great for making slushes for the kids, and making other flavored drinks!
Dadof4Girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 02:30 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadof4Girls View Post
The best option for the outside kitchen {BAR} is a Margaritaville Margarita maker. It is great for making slushes for the kids, and making other flavored drinks!
Such as? LOL :bandit:

Old 03-29-2012, 06:34 PM   #14

Great News

Just back from the dealer and the salesman made a mistake. It does not have a sofa in the back. It has the j cubes.
Old 03-30-2012, 08:07 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quahog View Post
Such as? LOL :bandit:
You can make the standard Margaritas, but we had fun with a variety of ice drinks.

You can start out with coffee and cappicino, and add rum, kahlua, or baileys. You can add the blue raspberry vodka to the blue raspberry slushes for the kids, there is cotton-candy flavored vodka, etc.

We had a new variety of drinks every camping trip!

This was the best Mother's day gift ever!
Dadof4Girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 09:45 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadof4Girls View Post

This was the best Mother's day gift ever!
Now THAT is genius!!

Old 03-30-2012, 12:21 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowlboundgman View Post
Just back from the dealer and the salesman made a mistake. It does not have a sofa in the back. It has the j cubes.
Great! Even though the kids will sleep on them, I feel I could easily sleep through the night on them.