Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-24-2014, 08:43 PM   #1

trying to figure out which to buy

Hello,
I am looking into purchasing a TT. I have been looking at the WhiteHawk models with the Thermal package. IF i was to purchase this model and add the tank heaters would it survive a night in 20 degree weather?
Wmkcchwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 10:07 PM   #2

Ours does not have a thermal package and with furnace set to low 60s we've gotten by a few times. You would want to remove city water hose though or it will freeze. Guess how I know.
'14 Denali XL
cekkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 08:17 AM   #3

I've done night temps down into the 20's in my old TT and 3 or 4 times in my 2014 White Hawk w/ glacier package. Always blew out the water lines in the old TT but the WH did fine last Feb during a cold snap on our trip to Miss. 4 straight nites below freezing [days 30 40] and had no problems with the water lines. Only issue was I froze the CG water hookup one nite. After that I disconnected the hose and used the onboard water. On the trip south we overnighted in northern Alabama and temps got down to the high teens. We were at the Wally World CG and running on the house battery. We were warm all night but it was -5 when we left home so the water lines were still winterized. Lines are inclosed below and if you're running your furnace, it is blowing some heat below the floor. I would always blow the lines [just to be safe] if I was going to be away from the TT over night or more than 24 hours. Takes about 10 minutes using a 12V air compressor. PS: Running electric heaters when you're hooked to Shorepower will keep propane use lower, but you won't be putting any hot air below the floor. Set the tstat so that the TT furnace cycles during the night.

Temps in the 20's is one thing. Temps in the single digits or below should be taken a whole lot more serious. Just no need to freeze a line and face the mess and cost of a repair.
Bassdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 09:14 AM   #4

It's also a practice of mine to open the base cabinet doors at night that contain water lines.
cekkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 03:21 PM   #5

Thank you for your replies! I think I will go ahead with the purchase. This forum is great!
Wmkcchwhite is offline   Reply With Quote