Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-04-2016, 08:30 AM   #21

2016 FS slide leak

I to have a slide leak! But it's on the passenger side of the bunk slide out. When the slide is fully extended out water seems to run along the bottom of the slide frame causing water to leak onto the floor between the bunk and the wall. If you take a flash light and shine it between the bunk and the wall aiming it at the floor you'll see a plastic cup like device almost like a rain gutter off shoot. I think that's suppose to divert any water that cones in to run back out! I don't have a clue, all I know is that this is a brand new unit and it seems Jayco hadn't addressed the problem since customers that have 2012 models are experiencing the same problems. It's in the shop right now, I'm not going to hold my breath on a fix until I physically see it.
Joe1mc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 09:34 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbbyr View Post
...I took it to my local dealer and they discovered several broken screws securing the trim piece to the slide. They removed the remains of the broken screws, replaced them, and added even more to ensure the piece "stays put". They then re-caulked the seam with clear silicone. It looks good to my amateur's eye. Let's hope it holds, I know I will regularly check all these seams from now on.
Another screw issue!! I wonder if these rusted-out and broke or were they over torqued in production. Either way, very cheap hardware. Whomever is running Jayco QC needs to be read the riot act!
javamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 04:59 PM   #23

Well my putty fix didn't really fix the problem. The whole thing flexes so much that the putty pulls away and it still leaks. Much less than before but still leaks. I think to do it right I will have to remove the whole trim piece and caulk it but that is a project for another day. We just park our MH up on a couple small blocks on the drivers side so it is tipped slightly and the water does not run in anymore.
AaronM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2016, 08:38 PM   #24

Leaky bunk slide

We've had hard rain, wind-driven rain, and sprinkles and would often have a puddle on the floor in the rear-most corner of the slide-out. The roof gutter drops 2" away from the sidewall seal and would flood the seal area where the small roller is located under the Schwintec track. It slopes into the coach where some white plastic scupper does what? Both corners are visibly lower the the center slide area and both slope inward. I stuffed a pool noodle chunk in the hole during a shower and it stopped the infiltration. My ahh-hahh moment.
I put a strip of rubber gasket sheet and Geocel Flexible Sealant to fix the inward slope. Won't know until the next rain camping if it works. Next is to put those gutter extensions on.
2014 Seneca 37FS
2015 Wrangler Sport toad
red-headed wife
RoWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 04:51 PM   #25

Another Leak

Seems that my leak is worse, but I don't see any water on the floor as Ive seen in some videos. The front lower left pf our refrigerator wood trim is "expanding" from the water with the resulting damage. Plus, the floor is soft now as well...

Thus far:

1. I made a magnetic outside furnace cover (not much need for the furnace in Louisiana) as I thought it was driving rain into the side vent...no luck.

2. I have removed the lower wood panel of the furnace, but it appears all dry.

3. I have looked under bunk slides (37FS), seems all dry, exterior trim appears well sealed.

4. I have looked under the bottom kitchen cabinet drawer...all dry.

When I say all dry, I see no evidence of past water...just dry dust bunnies.

Thoughts?

Thanks....
tjbroussard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 06:28 PM   #26

Leak

We had water at the furnace vent under the refrigerator after a severe wind and rain storm in New Mexico and after some dummy (me) sprayed water too hard on the refrigerator vent outside when washing the coach. It has upward-sloping louvers, but with a high wind or profound stupidity, you can get water in. It flows on the refrigerator platform and down, so the dust bunnies are dry.
2014 Seneca 37FS
2015 Wrangler Sport toad
red-headed wife
RoWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 07:01 PM   #27

Water Leak Solved

So after all of my attempts at leak detection failed, I asked my friend to simply spray water on the right side of my coach using a "shower" setting on the hose. While he was doing that, I was inside watching under cabinets and drawers below the kitchen stove. Immediately I saw water coming into the coach from behind the TV box, running towards the low spot in front of the refrigerator.

Upon further inspection, I found that the sealing around the outside TV cabinet was cracked along the top frame. Water would leak in, travel above the box and then run down the inside. I've since resealed the box using silicon in the very small crack, while also re-doing the slide trim as was discussed in other threads.

I've also removed the wet wood, treated for mold, and re-hardened / repaired the area under the affected flooring square.

Now I'm onto repairing the "exploded" wood trim around the refrigerator and will most likely have a cabinet maker re-trim with a closely matched hard wood.

Any suggestions on the next part greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Terry
tjbroussard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2021, 09:36 PM   #28

RoWest did that fix you did under the little rollers work?

I seem to be having the same issue. Where water comes into the little traps/ inside gutters. Seems to be heavy rain as well.

If that worked could you send photos?

Thanks!!
Fulltime Seneca is offline   Reply With Quote