Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-17-2014, 05:39 PM   #1

Underbelly Of 33 RLDS

My new Jayco 33 RLDS does not have an enclosed underbelly, so I decided to get out the creeper and crawl around under it and look things over. I was amazed to find that the black tank sprayer DOES NOT spray toward the sending unit probes, in fact they penetrate the tank next to each other and the sprayer sprays the opposite tank wall.

I was also interested in reducing my water capacity from 80 gallons to 40 gallons. Yes, I could only fill the tanks half full, but that would require monitoring the gauge panel while filling. What we have is two 40 gallon belly tanks connected by a 1.5 inch hose at bottom level. I figured I'd just disconnect the hose connecting the two tanks and just use the one 40 gallon tank. Sounds good, but it won't work because the water level sending units are in the rear tank which I was going to eliminate. Oh well, I didn't need another project anyway.
Old 12-17-2014, 07:19 PM   #2

yup and the tank fill is in the front tank ... good luck figuring that one out
Paintinfool3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 09:35 PM   #3

no enclosed underbelly, that does not sound right. I was under the impression that the all the 33rlds had the enclosed underbelly cause the heat gets down there to heat the tanks and keeps them freezing.
2018 Jayco Jayfeather 27 RL, 2002 Ford excursion, v-10, 3:73 gears 4x4 mine. 2020 Buick Encore Hers, Retired Air Force, now Retired.
Parcany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 07:00 AM   #4

Ours is enclosed but we have the thermal package. Its an option so I guess than means not all will have it..
2016 CTS 4 2.0T
2001 Oldsmobile Aurora 4.0
2015 Chrysler 200C AWD
33 RLDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 08:35 PM   #5

I guess Florida dealers don't think the heated under belly is a necessary option. We go to the Adirondacks in the summer, but leave by Oct 1st, so freezing is usually not an issue. This is my 3rd Jayco, and past experience with trailers with open under bellies in freezing temps shows that they won't freeze up during an overnight freeze. The most vulnerable area is the sewer hookup and slide valve area and this includes those with enclosed underbellies with an exposed slide valve area. My solution to that problem has always been to hang a trouble light on a slide valve handle. Love my 33RLDS.
Old 12-22-2014, 05:48 AM   #6

I have a 2015 33RLDS and the underbelly is enclosed. It is a great trailer. Had a few hiccups when we got it, but it was little things.

I am not an expert on Travel Trailers, but I think Jayco makes one of the best.
Reboot123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 04:33 PM   #7

Here is the method I use to gauge how much water I'm putting in the FW tank. I time how long I run the water fill hose into the tank using my watch. I have found one minute of run time equals 5 gallons. To determine this fill rate, I have run the fill hose into a 5 gallon pail and time how long that takes. Do this a few times if you don't trust it, but you will find it to be quite consistent, as long as you use the same diameter fill hose each time.