Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-14-2013, 06:17 PM   #1

Drain line spout question

I have a Redhaw MH. What exactly do the 3 black drain spouts drain on the driver's side, and is the white spout on the other side for draining the sink/water heater lines?
Car-los is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 07:18 PM   #2

I have a Greyhawk. On the driver's side, I have two black low point drain valves. They drain the fresh water tank and the water lines. On the other side, inside a storage bin are two more (white valves) which are also low point drains for the water lines and the water heater. I don't HAVE to remove the water heater drain plug to drain the water heater. Redhawk should be similar, I would think, but do not know for sure.
Jay Flight 26BH - traded for Greyhawk
MichaelD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 07:29 PM   #3

I stand corrected. Just went outside and looked at the Greyhawk (31SS). There is only one low point drain on the driver's side, toward the rear.
(it's white). In the storage compartment near the water heater there are two valves with black handles, which are also low point drains. Reguardless, the valves you speak of are most likly low point drain valves.
Jay Flight 26BH - traded for Greyhawk
MichaelD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 04:50 AM   #4

I have a Redhawk 26xs and the low point drains are on the passenger side under the water heater. The are three valves in a storage compartment above. They will drain the water heater. The fresh water tank drain is on the driver side. The fresh water drain takes forever to drain!
rcase13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 04:54 AM   #5

Old thread, but can anyone expand on the low point drains on a 08 GH 31SS. I have one LPD on driver side, what does this one drain? I have two LPD's inside the storage compartment below the WH vents, the black valve handles are side by side but not labeled except for LPD on the compartment door as LPD's. What do these drain?
jimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 06:54 AM   #6

on my Greyhawk the two black low point drains - dreain the water line - hot and cold. the white drain valve (on drivers side) drains the fresh tank. when i use the two LPD's and crack open a faucet the water heater drains as well - no need to remove the drain plug.

hope that helps
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Gma-n-Gpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 08:21 PM   #7

Thanks for the clarification.
jimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 05:11 AM   #8
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gma-n-Gpa View Post
on my Greyhawk the two black low point drains - dreain the water line - hot and cold. the white drain valve (on drivers side) drains the fresh tank. when i use the two LPD's and crack open a faucet the water heater drains as well - no need to remove the drain plug.

hope that helps
Thanks for the info. I am not familiar with the setup on MH's. Not that way on any TT or fifth wheel I have owned Or MH for that matter.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote