Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-05-2014, 10:29 AM   #41

When you can buy coach's that run in the 6 figures and beyond, you cant expect much from a 20-40K coach. I don't so I don't get let down. You just have to be handy !!
2016 CTS 4 2.0T
2001 Oldsmobile Aurora 4.0
2015 Chrysler 200C AWD
33 RLDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 10:44 AM   #42
Lost in the Woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33 RLDS View Post
When you can buy coach's that run in the 6 figures and beyond, you cant expect much from a 20-40K coach. I don't so I don't get let down. You just have to be handy !!

that's what the guy thought that pulled in across from me this summer. 300000 dollar unit and it smelled of poo all through it. I told him his vent pipe was likely loose and was allowing gas to seep back through the roof by the pipe and sure enough it was. He went up and he could wiggle it back and forth about half an inch. we temp fixed it and cured his problem but that was an expensive coach.

plus the tech had to come and get his stabs to work as well...they were stuck down
nbhybrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 11:45 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33 RLDS View Post
I have to disagree with this. I expect my RV to function as advertised and I expect my warranty to be honored - no matter what the purchase price was. If you can't offer a quality product at a certain price point, you shouldn't be offering anything at that price point IMO.
Old 09-05-2014, 11:47 AM   #44

Personally, I feel the factory should catch most issues first.....which they probably do...most, but not all. The dealer should catch the ones the factory missed, and lastly, you, the owner, catch the remaining, if any. Mine is stored at a cg, 275 miles away. It has never left the cg. At the time I bought it, little did I know the importance of buying local. I just happened to buy right across the street from the cg. The dealer has been great to work with. I have had only one issue, and he came to the cg to fix it. When it is time to winterize, he goes across the street to the cg, and does it. Never any extra charge. It is stored in a resort area, with 3 huge campgrounds within a few miles of each other. If I have an issue, I know I will jump ahead of other owners who didn't buy from him. I like that part. I buy all my rv needs from him, and we are on a first name basis. He knows my family and their names, and even my car. It was one of my better buying decisions, without realizing it. I almost bought from camping world about 4 miles away. Now I feel I would have regretted that choice. I say buy locally, even if it costs you a little more!
No TV since Tundra can't do it

krackeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 12:33 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by eldermike View Post
There is really no such thing as a better deal across town or the state in RV's. You should buy very local and form a relationship with the dealer and don't shop the price, Unless; you can fix these things and are willing to do so. I never go back unless there is a part involved that costs more than I am willing to "eat". I fix everything myself.

I think you have some minor problems. If you are not handy consider hiring a tech to fix these at your home. 300 miles = a tank of fuel. IMHO you can't save the costs from where you are, it's either in fuel or cash to a local tech. Or do like I do and fix it.
I'm not sure I agree with buying local. When I purchase the unit I'm shopping for and start traveling, I expect to stay in any given area two or three weeks at a time. If I buy local in Alabama and find myself needing warranty work in VA, or WV, or CO ... OR... CA ... WA, I could find myself 1000 miles from my local dealer. So, once I'm on the road, am I to expect then that I am on my own and not expect to get warranty work from a 'new' local dealer?
javankrona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 12:40 PM   #46
Lost in the Woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by javankrona View Post
I'm not sure I agree with buying local. When I purchase the unit I'm shopping for and start traveling, I expect to stay in any given area two or three weeks at a time. If I buy local in Alabama and find myself needing warranty work in VA, or WV, or CO ... OR... CA ... WA, I could find myself 1000 miles from my local dealer. So, once I'm on the road, am I to expect then that I am on my own and not expect to get warranty work from a 'new' local dealer?
exactly my thoughts as I bought 1200KM from my home
nbhybrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 12:42 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by javankrona View Post
Maybe -- but the issue more times than not isn't with "Full Timers" but rather folks who travel one time to buy at the lowest spot, then return home and expect to get the same type of service locally that we have come to expect from the automotive industry. I would hope dealers would recognize the difference with a full timer, or non-full timer away on a trip, and needing support vs a local resident requesting service when they didn't by the RV from that dealer. In my mind I could see how one would be considered lost revenue and the other be seen as found business.
2012 Jay Flight 26BH (Sold)
clubhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 12:52 PM   #48

Bottom line... Any Jayco dealer SHOULD honor Jayco warranty work no matter where the unit was purchased. And, Jayco should make sure they do.
12VOLTMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 01:13 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiltDog View Post
I have to disagree with this. I expect my RV to function as advertised and I expect my warranty to be honored - no matter what the purchase price was. If you can't offer a quality product at a certain price point, you shouldn't be offering anything at that price point IMO.
Its not that they won't honor it or fix it. Are they going to pay for my time and gas to drive 3 hours each way to bring it back? I had plenty of probems, mostly small, with my 33RLDS. Rather than get aggravated and waste my time with the dealers flunkies, I rather fix it myself and know it was fixed right..
2016 CTS 4 2.0T
2001 Oldsmobile Aurora 4.0
2015 Chrysler 200C AWD
33 RLDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 01:36 PM   #50

A Jayco repair place might travel to you. They are doing that for my TT.
Maxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 01:49 PM   #51

Sent e-mails to Jayco Customer service twice with a very simple question about the dinette in our 2014 WhiteHawk, the last on 8-19-14 and the first about a week before that.....got the automated response that they were received and would have someone respond.....have never heard anything....would have expected a quicker turnaround than that.

2014 Jayco White Hawk 30DSQB Summit Edition, Glacier Package
2012 GMC 2500HD Z71 SLT 4WD Crew Cab...DuraMax/Allison....3.73 Rear Axle.
2014 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Z71 LTZ 4WD Crew Cab...Vortec 6.0L V8...3.73 Rear Axle..(traded)
2011 Chevrolet Avalanche...5.3L V8...3.42..(traded)
jtownstumpjumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 01:59 PM   #52

They never replied to my e-mail. I had to end up calling.
Old 09-05-2014, 06:43 PM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by eldermike View Post
There is really no such thing as a better deal across town or the state in RV's. You should buy very local and form a relationship with the dealer and don't shop the price, Unless; you can fix these things and are willing to do so. I never go back unless there is a part involved that costs more than I am willing to "eat". I fix everything myself.

I think you have some minor problems. If you are not handy consider hiring a tech to fix these at your home. 300 miles = a tank of fuel. IMHO you can't save the costs from where you are, it's either in fuel or cash to a local tech. Or do like I do and fix it.

This is true to some extent. I paid $4k less than my local dealer would do, so wasn't worried about service at that point. Was the difference in being able to pay cash vs finance. Was well worth the 5hr ride to get it.
Smitty75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 08:16 PM   #54

I can't think of the brand of our TV, and it is in the TT right now at the lake....but it has a signal meter in it, very handy!!
kmccart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 10:50 PM   #55

I have had King of The Road, Holiday Rambler and Mobile Suites dealer give me the old "we did not sell it so we are not fixing it" story.
So now I have a Jayco and my dealer is 1500 miles from where we are using it.
Old 09-05-2014, 11:28 PM   #56

^ haha and by that I mean , we bought ours used so our expectations were low with only a 90 day warranty...sounds like we should keep them low when we upgrade...

2009 Toyota Tacoma DC Prerunner TRD
2006 Jayco Jay Feather Sport 165
Curt round bar WDH
95w Go Power! solar panel
https://wanderlusttrailerlove.blogspot.com
noserub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 07:35 AM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3'senough View Post
There's one built into the TV already. Just scroll through the menu and look for signal strength. Almost all of them have it now.
Man, I did not know that either. I will have to check my menu also next time out. Doesn't really matter most of the time because I do have a signal meter on my direct tv menu for satellite reception.

Joe Hinson
2010 Jayco Quest G2(SOLD)
2014 Jayco Eagle 33.5RETS
2007 Ram 2500 5.9L Cummins(SOLD)
2015 Ram 2500 6.7L Cummins 4WD
:)
namusmc65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 06:20 PM   #58

Did ten day shake down on brand new 2014 Greyhawk 31fk...Black tank flush leak and bathroom drain popped loose extended by reputable mobile RV repair service on site
.not a Jayco dealer....we were treated very well by Roger and Kristy st Jayco warranty they handled everything..no stress and I felt part of a Jayco family much like this forum makes us feel...Mark
thecampingcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 07:09 AM   #59

Update to my original post.

Problem 1:
My pump cycling somehow fixed itself. Probably a piece of dirt was the culprit.

Problem 2:
I fixed my grey water leaking problem myself. The hose clamp between the tank and the discharge pipe was loose. I tightened it down and the leak has stopped.

Problem 3: the transfer gas gauge will be replaced by my dealer for free when I take my bad one in. RV One was willing to work with me on that and I appreciate it. That saves me hauling my rig a total of 300 miles for the fix.

Problem 4:
I still have no idea why no TV signal. Still working on that...
tawoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 07:14 AM   #60
Moderator Emeritus

Tawoo,

Appreciate the follow-up, always good to know the progress, and/or resolutions in situations like this.

Bob

2016 GM 2500HD 6.0L/4.10
2018 Jay Flight 24RBS
2002 GM 2500HD 6.0L/4:10 (retired)
2005 Jayco Eagle 278FBS (retired)
1999 Jayco Eagle 246FB (retired)
Reese HP Dual Cam (Strait-Line)
Rustic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote