Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-22-2014, 02:54 PM   #1

Looking to purchase a new x213

Hello all, I'm new to the forum and we're looking at a new x213 to start our adventures with in the spring!

We've done quite a bit of research on it, and think the floorplan will be perfect for our small but growing family. By the sounds of the current owners on here, many are very happy with it.

I was hoping some x213 owners might be able to chime in on what I should expect to pay for a 2015 model in the Toronto, Canada area.

Any information would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks.
chent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 10:10 PM   #2

I can tell you what I paid in Apr 2013 for my 2013 X213 in Vancouver if that's any help.

Window sticker was $26,900 and we paid $23,000 before taxes. Ours came with most if not all available options.
Old 10-23-2014, 01:12 PM   #3

Thats an awesome set up, will consider for our next
chrisb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 02:38 PM   #4

Thanks Paul, I think we're going to go ahead with it, we got a price similar to you.

Looking forward to spring! We're planning a a couple of long distance trips, more than likely we'll end up out west as well.
Old 10-23-2014, 05:57 PM   #5

Bought my 2010 213 in September of 2010. It was used (for 3 months), the previous owners decided to upgrade. We paid $20,000 taxes in. That also included a WDH system.
Old 10-23-2014, 06:17 PM   #6

Quantum, that sounds like a pretty sweet deal, good score. I've been looking at used ones for a while now and there isn't much out there in recent models around us. We really like the idea of the king bed, with really small kids we'll likely be sharing for a while
Old 10-24-2014, 07:17 AM   #7

When we was looking at the 213 a few years back we found the mods and changes that came with the 2010 model fixed several items that were weak.

Namely the more powerful slide motor and the more beefed up rear slide.

The older models rear slide would start sagging and would actually rip the upholstery on the couch or table seats.

Of course with the hugh slide end sealing against water damage will be something you will want to watch for. They also had water sealing problems with the so called bicycle door back then as well...

There is only the two of us and was wanting to change the bunk room area into an office/computer/Ham Radio area and just have a small storage area just inside the side door. Even drew up plans for it haha...

We really liked the layout scheme of the X213 along with the fact it could be pulled by our F150 Ford truck. But in the end we stayed with our off-road popup trailer and still have it...

Always loved this brochure view of the X213

Roy ken
RETIRED DOD DOAF DON CONTRACTOR Electronics Tech 42YRS

"We're burning daylight" - John Wayne
2008 STARCRAFT 14RT OFF-ROAD POPUP with PD9260C and three 85AH 12VDC batteries
2010 F150 FX4 5.4 GAS with 3.73 gears - Super Cab - Towing Package - 2KW Honda EU2000i Gen
K9PHT (since 1957) 146.52Mhz
"We always have a PLAN B"
RoyBraddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 08:38 AM   #8

That is a pretty sweet view of the TT, I'll have to take one from that angle when she's all hooked up in the spring!

Looking at it from that view does make me wonder about sagging... I wonder if it should be supported when it's open for extended periods.

Definitely won't be letting the kids jump on that bed, that's for sure.
Old 10-24-2014, 10:01 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by chent View Post
Quantum, that sounds like a pretty sweet deal, good score. I've been looking at used ones for a while now and there isn't much out there in recent models around us. We really like the idea of the king bed, with really small kids we'll likely be sharing for a while
Found one in the Fraser Valley in Chilliwack listed for $16995.00 for a 2013 a couple weeks ago...might have been a mistake...I did a double take...they usually sticker out at $25000 or so new but you could probably get it in the $23000 range We love our X213 have almost owned it 3 yrs. It has been mostly trouble free. Only issue during the warranty period was the power jack and a loose trim piece above the bed slide out. Left it at Traveland where I bought it and had it back in 4 days witha new Atwood 3500 lb jack which cranks it up much faster
Old 10-25-2014, 01:40 AM   #10

I don't know about the Toronto, Canada area but I've seen prices new with all the options on the 2015 down as low as 18,500 in the northern US. We were able to talk our dealer here in Texas down to 19,300 with all the options. Then of course we jacked the price back up by adding several after market items :-).
mitchmitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 05:27 AM   #11

CHENT - I think the nerwer JAYCOs pretty much solved the problem with the 2010 model and up... Really haven't been reading the reviews from others since then as it was quite common on the models prior to the 2010 along with a weak slide motor...

The drop down on the end was quite noticeable when it happened. Was not level at all...

On the large doors of any of these type of trailers including the toy trailers you will just have to watch the seals etc and make sure they are weather tight. The large doors seem to slightly warp somewhat over time which causes the rubber seal not to their job. Just be aware... Lots of happy users out there with no trouble at all with the large door surfaces... The hybrid beds that drop down from the top are good examples of this possible seal problem areas.

All this talk is making me wish I went ahead and got one hehe...

This was my mod idea on making the bunk bed area into an office. Of course with your kids this would NOT be a good idea as you will need the bunk beds... Check the DARK BLUE and RED items shown... This is a L-DESK with hutch setup and a roll-n office chair...

Roy Ken
RETIRED DOD DOAF DON CONTRACTOR Electronics Tech 42YRS

"We're burning daylight" - John Wayne
2008 STARCRAFT 14RT OFF-ROAD POPUP with PD9260C and three 85AH 12VDC batteries
2010 F150 FX4 5.4 GAS with 3.73 gears - Super Cab - Towing Package - 2KW Honda EU2000i Gen
K9PHT (since 1957) 146.52Mhz
"We always have a PLAN B"
RoyBraddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 12:01 PM   #12

BCx213, that 2013 does sound a bit too good to be true. I saw a 2010 going for $16.5 in Hamilton, that looked to be the best in terms of something recent (and beyond the problems that Roy mentioned). It sold in a hurry at that price.

Mitch, that sounds about right for US prices - especially now that the exchange rate is much less favourable <- Canadian spelling

Roy, that's a pretty sweet mod, you got me thinking... We're planning on a long trip, maybe coast to coast if all goes well when my wife is off with kid #2 this spring. I'm fortunate enough to be able to work from pretty much anywhere there is an Internet connection, so I'll probably need a work surface somewhere. Maybe a rolling chair and a surface that sits on the bottom bunk... hmmm

I'm already chomping at the bit reading about all of the solar mods and wifi cameras... going to be a long winter!
Old 10-25-2014, 09:56 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by chent View Post
BCx213, that 2013 does sound a bit too good to be true. I saw a 2010 going for $16.5 in Hamilton, that looked to be the best in terms of something recent (and beyond the problems that Roy mentioned). It sold in a hurry at that price.

Mitch, that sounds about right for US prices - especially now that the exchange rate is much less favourable <- Canadian spelling

Roy, that's a pretty sweet mod, you got me thinking... We're planning on a long trip, maybe coast to coast if all goes well when my wife is off with kid #2 this spring. I'm fortunate enough to be able to work from pretty much anywhere there is an Internet connection, so I'll probably need a work surface somewhere. Maybe a rolling chair and a surface that sits on the bottom bunk... hmmm

I'm already chomping at the bit reading about all of the solar mods and wifi cameras... going to be a long winter!
Saw it listed on kijiji bc...type x213 and then scroll down...actually listed at $16990.00
Old 10-29-2014, 04:27 PM   #14

Well all, we've decided to go with a 2015 and going to sign on the dotted line this weekend. I negotiated to just over 21.5 with a wdh so I think we got a fair price. The dealer will be storing it for the winter as part of the deal as well. So does anyone have any suggestions as to what I should be checking out before hand? I've read about some rust on the frame in another thread that I'll definitely be checking out. Any other major items I should add to my checklist? I believe the unit has been winterized already. Any tips would be appreciated!
Old 10-29-2014, 04:40 PM   #15

Good luck, looks like an awesome unit. My next one in a couple years. Just look for quality, trim floors outside corners and slide it out.
chrisb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 10:39 PM   #16

We love ours! Wish it cost less, but thats how it goes... A couple issues we missed in the walk thru: door/screen door wasn't latching right, bathroom sink leaked... Walk thru was overwhelming- slow down and take your time. I modified the tall cabinet near the door with multiple shelves- it's been very useful. Gonna swap batteries to two golf cart batteries in the next month and add solar before summer.

For others reading about prices:a huge factor here was shipping fee.... Makes it harder to compare prices across regions of the US.

Have fun!
equilizer hitch
14 Jayco x213
RVCamperDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 12:20 PM   #17

Good tips Dan, thanks.

What are you planning for solar?

I've been doing some research and checking out what others have done around here, and I like the idea... but being newbies to all of this I don't want to jump the gun before we have more than a few trips under our belt and get a real idea of what our power requirements will be.

I would imagine that most of the camping we'll be doing to start will be always close to shore power, so not sure if we'll get a benefit from it until we venture out a little further.
Old 11-23-2014, 03:52 PM   #18

@chent- i am no expert on solar and may modify my plan before executing it.. But the first step will be to get the two golf cart batteries- that should be adequate for low/moderate use (for us) up to 4 days (I am going to buy the ones at Costco). But without a way to recharge batteries while we are out we skimp on using some of the amenities (hot water, furnace, etc). After installing solar and a trailer wide inverter we will use more power than what we use now. Some of the pieces I was looking at- Morningstar solar charge controller, 150-200 watts of high efficiency panel or panels, 1000-1500 watt inverter, + wires/fuses/etc. I plan to do this before a trip to Yellowstone next summer.

We only have camped at places without power available (and will do so in the future), so for us investing the $1000 should be worthwhile. If you always stay at places and pay for shore power, spending the money for solar may not be worth the cost and hassle. I would recommend using the trailer a bit and figuring out what your needs are before spending much money. Keep us posted!
equilizer hitch
14 Jayco x213
RVCamperDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 09:40 AM   #19

@RVCamperDan, I've seen quite a bit about the two golf cart batteries being better, will look into that for sure once we get an idea of out consumption. I'll probably start with a real meter so we can see our consumption before going too crazy.

I like the setup that Handy Bob has listed about halfway down the page on his blog here, seems like a good template to start with.

https://handybobsolar.wordpress.com/...-other-things/

Another member here has a cool setup, he's got pics and details here:

http://www.jaycoowners.com/album.php?albumid=329

I'm a bit of a techie so I like the WiFi setup he's got...
Old 11-24-2014, 09:56 AM   #20

Not sure if it is okay to plug a company, but my friends and I have all purchased solar systems through AM Solar. Great quality kits and come with everything you need as well as easy to understand instructions. I just purchased a new trailer (sold my last trailer with solar system) and plan to buy a new kit through them soon. I plan to get the SunRunner Signature 25MPPT kit, the same I had on my other trailer. It was flawless and the battery monitor was great.

ddrueckh is offline   Reply With Quote