Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-18-2018, 09:38 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by MD3 View Post
I ended up buying this pump on Amazon.
Makes the transfer from my 58gal on board aux tank to my main tank easy.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
_
I used one just like that when I was pulling the trailer, and it worked well. Make sure to lube the impeller with a little vegetable oil when starting it. The impeller is rubber and runs against the inside of the pump housing. I was finding little bits of rubber in the inlet screen of the trailer water connection.

2000 Jeep Sahara

"Any advice I give or facts I present are valid to the best of my knowledge,
but I am not responsible if you follow it and you **** your **** up."
Bullitt6283 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 01:53 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forelyndogs View Post
This feature (country fill) on our new Greyhawk 31FS was a blessing on a recent dry camping trip. I'm confused about exactly how the system is supposed to work. Is the pump supposed to turn on when I set the control valves to the 'country fill' position or must I manually turn the pump on. It appears that if the pump is on when you go to 'country fill' then it will draw a few inches from the container with the extra water and then quit drawing, since we were dry camping, it is logical that the pump be on. However, once the pump stopped drawing, I had to make sure all the pump switches were off in order to get it to draw again. I added water twice and the second time I once again had the pump draw a few inches then quit. This time the only way to get the pump to restart was to cycle the main battery switch. So how is this thing supposed to work?
Ours is a 2017 Greyhawk, so no telling if it is different from yours, however we have had some issues with the country fill setting. It seems to work intermittently, with the pump trying to suck up water (or antifreeze BTW) and then stopping. Similar to another poster, had to switch back and forth to normal (which is where we leave the water setting since I usually do not use park water and instead use my filled tank).

But I don't recall having to turn on the water pump before. I will be trying it again soon as we are about to winterize and will need to replace our onboard water with the pink stuff soon.
Dallas/Ft. Worth, TX
--
Click_here is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 02:06 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Click_here View Post
But I don't recall having to turn on the water pump before. I will be trying it again soon as we are about to winterize and will need to replace our onboard water with the pink stuff soon.
Country Fill is just a setting which aligns the valves (and hence the plumbing) in such a way that the pump is able to draw from the external hose connection and direct it to the freshwater tank. The pump is indeed required to be running, and every Jayco I have seen requires the pump to be turned on with one of the switches. I have never seen any Jayco that "automatically" engages the onboard pump just by the position of the fill valves.
Toads: 2019 Ford Edge ST or 2013 Ford Focus ST
Robbbyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 02:30 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbbyr View Post
Country Fill is just a setting which aligns the valves (and hence the plumbing) in such a way that the pump is able to draw from the external hose connection and direct it to the freshwater tank. The pump is indeed required to be running, and every Jayco I have seen requires the pump to be turned on with one of the switches. I have never seen any Jayco that "automatically" engages the onboard pump just by the position of the fill valves.
Indeed, you must turn the pump on and off yourself. It's handy that there's a pump switch at the outdoor shower.

2000 Jeep Sahara

"Any advice I give or facts I present are valid to the best of my knowledge,
but I am not responsible if you follow it and you **** your **** up."
Bullitt6283 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 04:54 PM   #25

I had trouble the last couple of years with both my country fill and the sanitize/winterize where the pump sucks from an external bottle. One bit of advice someone had was to hose clamp the provided hose to the fitting so it didn't suck air.

Next spring I intend to try reversing the screen. I usually works, but just not efficiently and is intermittent.

This year to winterize, I had a funnel that was the right size for the hose. Put that it, and poured the antifreeze into the funnel. This went through my 1.5 gallons of antifreeze very quickly, so something isn't allowing for enough suction.
jd99336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 05:14 PM   #26

Country Fill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forelyndogs View Post
This feature (country fill) on our new Greyhawk 31FS was a blessing on a recent dry camping trip. I'm confused about exactly how the system is supposed to work. Is the pump supposed to turn on when I set the control valves to the 'country fill' position or must I manually turn the pump on. It appears that if the pump is on when you go to 'country fill' then it will draw a few inches from the container with the extra water and then quit drawing, since we were dry camping, it is logical that the pump be on. However, once the pump stopped drawing, I had to make sure all the pump switches were off in order to get it to draw again. I added water twice and the second time I once again had the pump draw a few inches then quit. This time the only way to get the pump to restart was to cycle the main battery switch. So how is this thing supposed to work?

It was mentioned a couple times but I didn’t see an explanation of the “screen” people talked about. There are several strings on it elsewhere and I had to ask to learn the secret.
The rigs have a check valve in the fresh water intake (inside the fresh water hose connection) that prevent water from backing up into your supply hose — whether filing from water source or using country fill.
If you remove the screen (cone shape will be pointing out toward your hose, surrounded by rubber gasket - - I use a very small screwdriver to grab the edge of the gasket), you’ll see a small, white, button (switch) behind it.
Reverse the screen so it’s pointed in so it will depress the switch, put your hose back on, and resume filling...at that point you (typically) won’t need to do anything else...no opening valves, raising containers, etc...I say typically because once I still had to crack open my outside shower valve to bleed some air, but otherwise it works perfectly.
Just remember to undo what you just did when you’re done or you won’t be able to fill your tank normally.
This procedure also applies for winterizing when you’re putting RV antifreeze into your lines.

Hope this helps.
campaholix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 11:03 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd99336 View Post
One bit of advice someone had was to hose clamp the provided hose to the fitting so it didn't suck air.
For me, it's both. Reverse the screen and tighten the hose fittings. Any air leakage and the pump won't pull the antifreeze.
Old 06-08-2020, 06:30 AM   #28

fresh water tank won't fill

I've posted my issue on a couple of different threads still hoping for a solution. I cannot fill my fresh water tank. I have valve settings set for city fill, but water won't go in. I've removed the check valve behind the hose connection. i've opened valves on both sides of the filter. I've opened the low-point drains. now my pump won't run? when i turn it on, the red switch light comes on, but pump won't run. could the pump be plugged? I tried blowing air in (through hose connection) and out (from water filter connection) to see if I could dislodge any foreign objects, but nothing. I've read that vent tubes might be clogged, so looked underneath and found two vent tubes. I snaked them up to the elbow going into the tank, so they seem clear. I've also requested a plumbing diagram from Jayco to see if there might be a valve I'm not aware of, but not sure if this is something they provide. I appreciate any other ideas from anyone.
jeffschropp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 07:24 AM   #29

Jeff...I'm not positive but logic implies removing the screen in the hose connection would leave the check valve open, which should allow water to enter.

I've learned the screen needs to point outward when I put water in the system including filling the tank and/or using the city connection to get water without filling the tank.

I have to flip the screen around to point inward only when I use the tank and/or line sanitize options where I'm trying to draw liquid from a container.

IF (and I just learned this last week) I forget to flip the screen back around, when I put water in the system with the screen pointed inward, as soon as I take the hose off water pours back out of the connection -- because the check valve was being held open by the screen.

I'm not sure if any of this helps...just sharing what I've found.
campaholix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 07:24 AM   #30

I assume you are using a hose to fill?
Old 06-08-2020, 07:49 AM   #31
Tad

We had the same problem. We flipped the screen around and it started to work great
Tad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 08:09 AM   #32

I am using a hose to fill. I've tried flipping the screen around both ways, but now that the check valve is removed, the screen direction should not matter.
Old 06-08-2020, 08:32 AM   #33
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffschropp View Post
I am using a hose to fill. I've tried flipping the screen around both ways, but now that the check valve is removed, the screen direction should not matter.
If that check valve is not there, when the pump does run, it will blow water back out of the fill hose.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 08:39 AM   #34

thanks Norty1. After I figure-out why water won't go in and I get the tank filled, I will install a new check valve.

could the pump be plugged? since the pump won't run, could it be blocking the hose/system?
Old 06-08-2020, 08:46 AM   #35
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffschropp View Post
thanks Norty1. After I figure-out why water won't go in and I get the tank filled, I will install a new check valve.

could the pump be plugged? since the pump won't run, could it be blocking the hose/system?
It may not run with city pressure on the input.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 09:48 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by norty1 View Post
It may not run with city pressure on the input.
X-2 Jeff can you post a pic of the valves
Old 06-08-2020, 10:35 AM   #37

pictures of front valve panel, behind valve panel, water pump, and filter w/ in and out valves.
Attached Thumbnails
20200507_133136.jpg   20200507_133148.jpg   20200507_133236.jpg   20200507_133305.jpg  

Tags
country fill, water pump