Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-18-2014, 07:29 PM   #1

Water inlet damaged while winterizing..

Usually I run the RV winterizing antifreeze through the lines but this yeat I decided to use the blowout adapter and blower. Got done but when I removed the adapter the little white pressure release plunger (aka check valve) and spring popped out of the city water inlet. Cant seem to get it seated back (or if even possible) as it dosent seem to be "broken" that I can see and didnt want to force it. Does the entire connection need to be pulled from the exterior to repair/replace to get this fixed? We typically hook to city water so not a big deal but will need the one way valve if you will functional next time I need to use the pump. Ideas guys?
exjay1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 05:04 AM   #2

dont know much about your but i think my check valve is in under my sink for the city water connectionbut if you had to take it out to replace something i still dont think it would be horrible ... probably just the screws around the inlet and then remove the hose from inlet and figure out check valve
Paintinfool3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 06:40 AM   #3

It is normally a simple replacement. Just remove the outside screws and pry it loose. You then have to disconnect it at the hose and replace with a new city water inlet. Make sure you take up the old caulking and put fresh caulking putty down. In the meantime you can just put a cap over it to prevent debris from getting in and also if you want to use your fresh water tank and pump. There are many city water inlets so make sure you buy the proper replacement.

Joe Hinson
2010 Jayco Quest G2(SOLD)
2014 Jayco Eagle 33.5RETS
2007 Ram 2500 5.9L Cummins(SOLD)
2015 Ram 2500 6.7L Cummins 4WD
:)
namusmc65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 06:42 PM   #4

Had the same problem....here's a post from another thread regarding this issue. Still haven't fixed mine....just use a cap on the CWI when using the pump.

LilBigfoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiftedAWDAstro
This is easily repaired by removing the whole city water connection from the camper and pulling the center pin out from the back. There will be a small o-ring in there that needs to be reseated. If you have room to work, you can pull the water line off the back and fix it on the camper.

Thanks for the repair info. I'll try that next year. This year I just screwed in a hose plug/cap when I needed to use the pump and all worked well. We're normally hooked up to city water.

On Permanent site at Gillies Lake, Bruce Peninsula

http://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=16211

On Permanent site at Gillies Lake, Bruce Peninsula
LilBigfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 08:22 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by namusmc65 View Post
It is normally a simple replacement. Just remove the outside screws and pry it loose. You then have to disconnect it at the hose and replace with a new city water inlet. Make sure you take up the old caulking and put fresh caulking putty down. In the meantime you can just put a cap over it to prevent debris from getting in and also if you want to use your fresh water tank and pump. There are many city water inlets so make sure you buy the proper replacement.

The above is how I did mine only thing is don't let go if it or it will slip back in and you will have to take a panel out to get to it . We were in Tombstone and the water hose froze up and broke the check valve. Really a easy job and most Rv stores have them .
Clayton4971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 09:47 AM   #6

We do the BLOW OUT method all the time here on our OFF-ROAD POPUP trailer. Sometimes it gets down below freezing when we are camping so using the blow-out method seems to work best for us on a moments notice.

I use the this adapter along with my 12VDC TANKLESS Portable air compressor which is very slow on coming up to pressure....

Never had any issues here...

Roy Ken
RETIRED DOD DOAF DON CONTRACTOR Electronics Tech 42YRS

"We're burning daylight" - John Wayne
2008 STARCRAFT 14RT OFF-ROAD POPUP with PD9260C and three 85AH 12VDC batteries
2010 F150 FX4 5.4 GAS with 3.73 gears - Super Cab - Towing Package - 2KW Honda EU2000i Gen
K9PHT (since 1957) 146.52Mhz
"We always have a PLAN B"
RoyBraddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 07:28 PM   #7

^ Never seen that before Roy, nice. Im going to just go the plug route for now since it will just be needed for winterizing or sanitizing the water lines/tank.
exjay1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 05:07 AM   #8

Roy, where did you get that adaptor? I love that idea and I always carry the same pumpless compressor for the kids bikes
Old 12-22-2014, 05:19 AM   #9

Never mind. I see it everywhere when I google the right term!