Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-27-2014, 09:37 AM   #1

2015 Pinnacle

I just purchased a 2015 Jayco Pinnacle 36KPTS and would like to install a Progressive Industries EMS_HW50C power protection system. I need to know where Jayco located the ATS (Automatic Transfer Switch). It doesn't seem to be anywhere easily accessible. I assume it must be located behide a panel somewhere, perhaps in the pass through basement. I would like to have some idea before I start removing panels or walls.

Anyone have an idea?
dfbonney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 11:50 AM   #2

I had one added to mine and the transfer switch is located under the stairs. If you takedown door side rear wall of the storage area off it is easily accessible and the dealer actually moved the transfer switch closer to the outside wall and mounted the circuit protector where the transfer switch was located. They ran the the remote readout into the wardrobe closet where the rest of my controls are located. The rig is not at home or I would take some pictures. Hope this helps.

TNCraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 08:06 AM   #3

Thanks Hopefully the 2013 and 2015 models are similar enough that it will be in the same place. I will check when we get a warm enough day, if not I will wait till we go to Arizona in January. Hopefully, it will not be difficult to remove that panel. I assume I will also have to remove the small panel with the tv mount on it.

Again, thanks for the information.
Old 11-30-2014, 08:15 AM   #4

The panel is held in with several screws. My TV mount is not part of the panel and did not need to be removed. The tech at the dealership left the panel off until I arrived so he could show me the install and he had everything back together in ten minutes. Good luck. When I get my rig back will take some pictures and post them if it would help.

TNCraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 03:02 PM   #5

Thanks

Pictures would help. I don't believe I am going to get to this until we get to Arizona after the first of the year. Too cold and too much else to take care of before we leave.
Old 01-08-2015, 09:59 PM   #6

I have a 2015 36KTPS too. Your left side slideouts are the Lippert syztem. They have 2 computer controled electric motors for each of these 2 slideouts. They have a very high gear reduction so their is not much torque on the motors but I had one spin and break one of the wires at the motor. I was able to solder the wire back on by finding a Utube video on the motor removal and replacement. Checkout the video for the set scew locations and make sure they are snug. 3 out of the 4 set screws were loose were loose on my rig. The set screw are accessed from outside of the rig.
Jack 56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 10:07 PM   #7

My wife was complaining about not being able to see inside the island. I installed mometary off switches and 3 led light segments from a roll of led lights so when you open any island door all of the inside of the island is iluminated. Happy wife happy life. It cost less than 20 bucks.
Jack 56 is offline   Reply With Quote