Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-28-2010, 05:13 PM   #1

dusting off the fiver

Well, I picked the fiver up from the storage facility and took it home to wash it. I had to lube and install the hitch, check the tire pressures (driver's side rear needed some air), and on to the storage yard. The battery was still charged from my December outing. I hooked up, tested the lights, did the pull test, and checked the tires on the fiver. Then I got to spend hours washing that thing down at the house. Haven't had time to wax yet, nor time to de-winterize and sterilize the fresh water system. I am typing this in the rig now. As I finish, I know I need to lock things up and go inside the house. But, I'm goin campin this week!
rvrev2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 08:40 AM   #2

Nothing like a camping trip to motivate us to work our tails off spiffing up our trail3ers and RVs! Just don't wear yourself out before you get to the campground.
Old 03-29-2010, 10:36 AM   #3

We just returned from camping four nights in the area behind Santa Barbara. We had some nice weather the past few days, so just up and left! LOL, I did do some major dusting when I got there though. It was soooo nice to be out and away from home, but we were at a very isolated spot. I didn't want to go home, but am pretty glad to have on-demand internet and cell service once again!
Denise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 02:16 PM   #4

We are not scheduled to make our first camping trip for another 39 days (Mother's Day Weekend) , but here in Minnesota we are suppose to be in the 60's this weekend. All the snow is gone, so it may be my weekend to wash/wax and clean the TT.
Hopefully the weather will cooperate for me. Otherwise I will be have to wait until late April. I am flying out to San Diego for some business related work and will not be back until April 18th. After that, the countdown to our first camping trip on Mother's Day will REALLY begin.

Daryl and Sandy
2013 Eagle 314BDS
2014 Ford F150 Platinum, 4 x 4 Crew Cab with Ecoboost
Equal-i-zer Hitch
OurJayco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 07:47 PM   #5

Thumbs up

We are getting ready to start back up too. They are calling for temps near 80 this week, I love warm weather
Old 03-31-2010, 09:48 PM   #6

Just got our 5ver home from storage this afternoon. Our school district has spring break next week and we hope to get out for some camping, fishing, and boating. Can't wait! It has been a long, cold, and white winter. Welcome spring!

'06 2500 Silverado 4X4, Duramax LBZ Diesel, Firestone air bags
'08 Tracker Pro Guide V-16 Boat
'12 Pinnacle 31RLTS
taviking22 is offline   Reply With Quote