Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-12-2014, 03:21 PM   #1

Jayco Grewhawk 31FS Challenges

I have a few challenges with a 2014 Jayco Greyhawk 31FS that I need assistance:

ITEM #1
I tried to use the manual to just lock and unlock the door via the default lock (1/2 button) and the default access code (1-3-5-7-9). The lock button (1/2) makes a sound like is going to lock the door but the door does not lock. Also, if I lock the door via the key and try to use the default access code (1-3-5-7-9) I also get a sound like it trying to unlock the door, but the door does not unlock.

What should I do?

ITEM #2
I went to a campground that had cable. I connected the cable to the campground connection and to the outlet in the RF. At the TV I changed to default to look at the CABLE vs the AIR. I did not get any Cable Connections. If I switched to AIR, I received TV station connections. In the Grewhawk manual page 11-1 it states I need to “Turn the TV power supply OFF to view the cable television or to use a VCR or DVD.”. There is a FIG 11.1 that shows the TV Power Supply.

Where is the “TV POWER SUPPLY” located? I cannot find it.

ITEM #3:
I have trouble with the in line hot water in the shower and sink. The hot water seems to cycle from hot to cold as I am taking a shower or use it in the sink. I read the manual and it refers to the temperature gauge and we have tried multiple combinations of the dial.

What should we do?
wmanuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 06:59 PM   #2

Item#2- There should be a little box near or in the TV cabinet that is the antenna booster. Ours lights up green when on. It should be shut off when hooked to cable. Hope this helps.
Old 07-12-2014, 07:41 PM   #3

#1 don't you have to hold the first two buttons down to lock the door ?

#3 I turn the temp dial way down and add very little cold. There are plenty of posts here about the problem. It seems that with the cold on the lower water pressure makes the heater shut off.
renman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 12:51 PM   #4

#1 mine worked for a while then it stopped locking the door. Just the sound of the solenoid moving. I took mine apart, a couple of screws later and the linkage from the solenoid to the bolt had fallen off. It is plastic for mine and I snapped it back on and all was well again.
Marshmellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 12:53 PM   #5

#3 do you have the "tankless" hot water? if so it takes a little getting used to the flow of water to keep it warm/hot. As renman says lots of posts about this one here.
Marshmellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 11:43 PM   #6

#1. My 31SS locks holding the 1 button and opens with the preset code. Shortly after purchase pushing the buttons sounded like it was working, but it didn't lock, or unlock. It was under warranty and my dealer was very helpful, but determined it best real fix was to replace the entire lock. It's worked fine since.
Bluesky46 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hot water, keyless door lock, tv cable