Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-30-2015, 07:56 PM   #21

Have a 35un with drop down and powered shade. Both work well.
Jacobsnc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 10:33 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by gowestwardho View Post
The only time I have seen a video showing that drop down bunk over the cab is on Canadian models of the 31 UL. And I've never seen the bunk listed as an option on any literature or brochure in the U.S. For the 31 UL. Does anybody know for sure if it is indeed an option for US delivered units? I'm not too sure I like it but I'd reserve judgement until I've actually seen one in person. It seems to make the cab more claustrophobic and you loose a lot of cabinet storage. BUT!!, it also shows in the video that with the drop down bunk you ALSO appear to get the electric roller window shades for the windshield and side cab windows (highly desirable, BTW). Wonder if Jayco would offer those electric shades as a standalone option w/o the bunk?

Anyway, anyone know why the only YouTube videos showing the bunk on the 2015 model 31UL are from Canadian Dealers???
The overhead bunk and the shades are both individual options. As a matter of fact, all the new Precepts on my local dealers lot have the windshield auto shade with driver and passenger manual shades on them.
As a person who shopped class A's with overhead bunks, I found the Precepts to be the nicest of the bunch. It runs very quiet, and from what I can tell is a full queen bed. It's new and I haven't fitted it with sheets yet, but it's the biggest bed in the RV. It also has 3 cabinets under it so although you lose the overhead cabinets, you get a couple of smaller ones in it's place. We'll get a lot of use out of the bunks and am very happy with it so far

JoeMazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 04:37 AM   #23

Gowestwardho,

We considered but did not buy the overhead bunk option. But I am positive it is available in the US.
I asked Jayco directly for info at the time and they answered positively. They also sent me 3 pics.(I attached them)

D&MAKAFUN
We did buy the electric shades and are very pleased with it. And indeed, they work as a sunblocker while driving although a maximum drop is installed to prevent the shade from dropping completely while driving.

Grtz
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_2535.jpg   IMG_2547.jpg   IMG_2555.jpg  
Chemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 04:45 AM   #24

A bit strange is that pics looks like taken in the 29UM while Jayco themselves say the option is not available in 29Um because of the TV set mounted in the driver cabin.

Still, they said the bunk was available in 31UL

Grtz

PS: Picked up new 31UL last month, drove from Florida to Texas and got stuck along the way after fuelling. 80 gallons of s*** had to be dropped at Ford dealer.
It was not a nice view, our 10 days old Precept behind a tow truck.

Thanks to all who helped me out at the time!
Attached Thumbnails
IMAG0110.jpg  
Old 02-01-2015, 07:54 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chemist View Post
Gowestwardho,

We considered but did not buy the overhead bunk option. But I am positive it is available in the US.
I asked Jayco directly for info at the time and they answered positively. They also sent me 3 pics.(I attached them)

D&MAKAFUN
We did buy the electric shades and are very pleased with it. And indeed, they work as a sunblocker while driving although a maximum drop is installed to prevent the shade from dropping completely while driving.

Grtz
Pics are of the 35um...Where did you get the **** gas so we all know who to stay away from? That must have been awful.

JoeMazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 08:02 AM   #26

Sunoco Gas Station

3816 West US Highway 90
Lake City, FL 32055

When exiting I-75 at Lake City, just a mile westbound.

I called the station immediately when I stopped at a safe place but the lady said: well uhm, I don't know. I said just stop selling but she had no authority to do so and the manager was gonna come the next morning. It was 9 pm !!

Filed a claim at Sunoco but the referred me to the distributor
It will take a while IF I get anything at all!!

We'll see. i hope to hear something this week or i will take action myself.
Old 02-02-2015, 08:15 AM   #27

Good thing is I was able to check the complete bottom and make 25 pics of where all is located and how it is attached.
Had to tie-rap a few wires though. Some were a bit loose and hanging down too much.
Old 02-02-2015, 05:55 PM   #28

Chemist: I would urge you to call the State of FL (Weights & Measures I think)

You might want to also register/file a report with the FL State department that oversees gas stations and pumps. I believe it might be "Weights and Measures", but that would vary by state. It would help your claim against the gas station to have done so and I know here in AZ they take oversight of gas stations seriously.

After doing a bit more research, you're right in that even the US units now have the bunk option. it just took a while longer for them to start to appear. Glad to see it. Although at first we really wanted that bunk (ala Thor ACE), now we like the Precept 31UL better without it since 99% of the time it'll just be the two of us traveling. Love those shades however as that was a disappointing omission from last years options.

Your rig looks great, even if it's being towed! :-(
Congratulations!
gowestwardho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 11:49 AM   #29

Chemist............keep us up to date on your adventures. Real sorry about the gas problem..........that shouldn't happen in this world.
Thanks for the info on the windshield/side window shades. They are a must have for me.
Safe/fun travels,
Darrell
'13 Wrangler Sahara...AKAFUN
Roadmaster base plate
Ready Brute Elite towbar and brake combo
D&MAKAFUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 03:28 PM   #30

Hi All

We just moved from a class C to the precept w/o the bunk. As it turns out, we used that overhead bunk to throw the "stuff " in until we could put it away. Next thing you know, we can't find anything. Meanwhile, I use the heck out of the overhead cabinets, as Darrell has mentioned. Here's the bonus, only I put my "stuff" in those overheads because the wife is not tall enough.

Me, Mrs., and Maggie
2015 Equinox, Blue Ox Avanta LX
Bobs A Class is offline   Reply With Quote