Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-23-2014, 09:28 PM   #1

Help needed for JayFlight 33RLDS

Hi:

My husband and I just purchased a new JayFlight 33RLDS. We stayed in it for the first time at our stationary seasonal campsite this weekend.

We encountered 2 rather minor issues:

1) Our power cord is stuck in its compartment. I have read all of the advice I can about unraveling it, but I think I need to get into that compartment. Does anyone know how to on the 33RLDS?

2) The back windows on each side of the fireplace are "stuck" open. These are small windows that slide upward to open. I put quotes around "stuck", because the windows are currently at their widest open position, and they can wiggle freely up and down about a centimeter. They are not wedged or jammed into position. However, when you try to close them, they seem to get hung up on something (a screw along the tract?) Currently we have taped plastic over the windows to keep the rain out.

Jayco and our dealer have not yet been overly responsive about these issues, though we did only notify them very recently. We will not be towing our trailer ever, so I am sure the dealer does not want to have to make a trip out to our site for these rather minor problems.

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Mindy
Mindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 09:35 PM   #2

When my power cord got stuck I was able to remove the exterior cover and that provided just enough room to get my hand in there to untangle.

I would bet the window issue has to do with the stabilizers. If you snug them too much you can produce a bit of frame flex that can put the window frame just enough out of square to prevent them from closing. I would try to loosen the stabilizers a bit and try again.

Good luck
2012 Jay Flight 26BH (Sold)
clubhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 10:28 PM   #3

I am not sure about the windows but i did read something about widening the track or closing the track not real sure. But I am sure someone has a resolution for the window.

As for the power cord mine is connected in the back and rolls up in to a box on the inside which is between my 2 recliners. My inside box has a sliding side panel that slides out to fix the cord if needed or change it. Try sliding one of the sides off that box located on the inside.

Hope that helps.
mossmccormick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 11:01 PM   #4

Our 330RLTS has a similar rear window setup. On our trailer most of the windows are really tight. Once I had to place a small wooden block on top of a rear window and tap on it gently with a hammer. For some reason our windows have not loosened up much in the 3 years we have had the trailer.
Life in the slow lane is still life.
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 05:01 AM   #5

Thanks to all! Great suggestions that I plan on trying and will report back.

One question to Clubhouse: What do you use to reseal the exterior cover?

Mindy
Old 04-24-2014, 07:36 AM   #6

I cleaned off the existing butyl tape and applied a new strip around the circumference of the cover and then used the same screw holes. I have had no issues.
2012 Jay Flight 26BH (Sold)
clubhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 10:04 PM   #7

Thanks Clubhouse!

Good news too...the dealership is taking a ride out next week to take a look at it all. I am very appreciative of that, and will let everyone know how it goes (and what the problem / solutions were).

Mindy