Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-12-2011, 07:56 AM   #1

Angry Slide out Problems

As I have found out from this site, Jayco does have an issue with their made in China slide assembly. I took my Eagle 322FKS to my dealer,on May 4 and the dealer called Jayco for motor replacement. I called yesterday, May 10th find out the status, and my dealer told me the motor was not going to shipped from the vender who supplies Jayco, until May 18th ! Jayco does not stock the replacement motors, has to come from vendor. I would think Jayco would stock some of the motors as this is a known problem. I am not happy we have not been able to use the unit since May 4. Poor customer service, dealer said they have to follow the warranty procedure, and their hands are tied. I sent a letter to Jayco customer service, but have not heard anything.
buckeyejim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 09:42 AM   #2

Slide out

Hi Jim,

Sorry to hear about your problem. Hopefully the motor will be shipped in an expedited manner. My trailer is also down for repairs. The shipper for Jayco put a forklift through the first shipment and the measurements were wrong on the second shipment So...... who knows what or when the third will arrive. Have not seen my trailer since March so I can definitely relate.

Don't know if this helps but my son and I dug out the tent last week (tired of waiting and not wanting to miss the weather and fishing) and had a great weekend tent camping. Course I enjoy both and can do with or without the trailer. My wife and youngest son are more dependent on the luxuries of the trailer.
rxcamping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 03:48 PM   #3

Jim, What model do you have? Where did you find out about the Jayco slide out problem? So far my dual slide TT has not been effected with the "known" slide out problem you mentioned. I guess I have been lucky so far.
usmc616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 04:12 PM   #4

Slide problems this is a link from last month.

http://www.jaycoowners.com/showthrea...ighlight=slide
2015 Silverado 2500
rodro123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 07:50 PM   #5

So does everyone with a Jayco slide need to replace the slide out motors? Or just certain models? Or just a certain year?.
The op in the referenced thread has a new TT, why is he changing motors and not the dealership?
Old 05-15-2011, 04:47 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmc616 View Post
The op in the referenced thread has a new TT, why is he changing motors and not the dealership?
Rather than forcing my slide closed to get it to a dealer, I felt it was easier to make the swap myself. Other than the fact that there is little play with the factory wiring, it was a simple process. If the slide was "frozen" closed, I would have taken it in for repairs, but, that was not the case...
Shin Pond Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 09:27 PM   #7

Once again, does every Jayco with a slide out need to have the motors replaced for the known problem, or just certain models or model years? I only ask because I rather be proactive than wait to be reactive.
Old 05-16-2011, 05:37 AM   #8

Slide out problem too

Greetings all,

I have a 2010 Jayflight G2 32BHDS and it also has a problem with the main slide. It has been trouble since the day I brought it home in March 2010. It will close just fine, but won't open. The clutch just slips. I adjusted the mechanical stop last year and it seemed OK for a while, and then last fall it started to act up again, so it is now in for service.

The dealer says that Jayco has authorized replacing the slide motor with a "better" one. It has been in the shop since April 30th and I have not heard when the new motor will be received.

At this point I'm a little nervous since we have reservations for Memorial Day weekend that are paid in full. I hope it will be ready by then.

This may be a problem affecting many campers.

Drew
Drew A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 05:50 AM   #9

Thanks DREW, For the info. I have not had a problem with my 32BHDS so far. I guess it may act up at some point and the only solution is to have the motors replaced with a better one. I took delivery last spring and am concerned that if my slide does need work, due to a poorly designed slide motor, that it may fail after the 2 year warranty.
Old 05-16-2011, 07:15 AM   #10

Our unit is a Eagle 322FKS, purchased August 2010. Had slide problems the day I bought It! Got home and slide would not extend. Dealer replaced wall switch,and then adjusted the "clutch" Finally quit working,in April 2010, then Jayco authorized repair. If you have not had an issue you are probably OK. Still @ the dealers, should be repaired this week, I too have paid reservations for Memorial Day. Jayco assures me this will fix the problem for good. I hope so, don't want to battle after the warranty is gone in August.
buckeyejim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 07:29 AM   #11

I am afraid I may have the problem surface after my warranty runs outI may call Jayco and see if there is a production date where the questionable slide motors where installed and see if my unit is affected.