Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-19-2012, 07:56 PM   #1

Did Jayco Drop the X23J for 2013?

I don't see the X23J in the 2013 model line-up. Any news?
raising4daughters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 09:15 PM   #2

It looks like it.

I have a 2013 brochure and it's not listed.
Gerard
glsimms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 09:36 PM   #3

I spoke to the local Jayco dealer yesterday to see if he had any and he said no, and they didn't order any since they were not good sellers for them. The 23B apparently are more popular and I see they are still in the brochure. That is a shame because I think I like the J's floorplan better although with the large gaucho in front of the B turtling would be more comfortable.
Ex. 2010 Jayco Jay Feather Ex-Port 17Z
2010 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 5.3L Vortec V8 6-speed with Power Pack Plus Package | Hypertech Max Energy tune
wmoses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 10:11 AM   #4

Wayne, we really liked the floorplan on the J but would be happy with the B if we go 23'. We see the U-shaped dinette in the B as a blessing and curse based on our PUP experience. On the downside, we don't like climbing over a table to get into bed and see that as a bigger negative as we get older. On the plus side, the layout of the B looks better for indoor conversation and TV watching during inclement weather...the dinette and sofa make somewhat of a wrap-around.
Old 08-20-2012, 11:24 AM   #5

Yes, having the dinette in front of the front bed is a pain if the bed is being used, and that is why I didn't like the floorplan when I was camping with the kids. Now they are out of the house and it is only my wife and I so we won't be using the front bed. As a result it is no longer an issue.
2010 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 5.3L Vortec V8 6-speed with Power Pack Plus Package | Hypertech Max Energy tune
Old 08-22-2012, 09:13 PM   #6

I spoke (via email) with Jayco today, and they confirmed that the X23J floor plan has been abandoned.
Old 08-22-2012, 09:17 PM   #7

Glad I got mine before they discontinued it. We love this floor plan! I know the 23B is similar, but we didn't like the idea of having to climb over the dinette which we had to do in our old pup.

2013 White Hawk 28 DSBH
2011 Jay Feather X23J (traded-in)
2011 Ford F-150 XLT w/towing package
RoadMaster Active Suspension
Reese Trunnion Bar WDH w/Dual Cam sway control
jdorant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 12:03 AM   #8

It seems like with every TT we looked at, it seems you "give up something" to "get something".

The X23J does have a nice floorplan, but for us, it was too heavy. That was a deciding factor and we ended up with the X23B
Gerard
Old 08-23-2012, 05:24 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdorant View Post
Glad I got mine before they discontinued it. We love this floor plan! I know the 23B is similar, but we didn't like the idea of having to climb over the dinette which we had to do in our old pup.
Jdorant - want to sell yours ? The DW fell in love with the X23J last season for the same reason you stated, not having to climb over the dinette as with our PUP, and also the bigger slideout. We just got some tuition bills, and it looks like we'll be putting off the hybrid and new TV purchase awhile, so hopefully Jayco will resurrect the J in a couple of years. If not, we found another brand with a layout almost identical to the J. Hate to leave Jayco, but neither of us wants to climb over a dinette. We really like the HTT idea because it brings some of the openness feeling of a PUP, but may have to reconsider a TT.
Old 08-23-2012, 06:27 AM   #10

If you check out the Rockwood Roo 23SS you will note that the layout is very similar, and that is a very popular layout. So much so that I am looking at possibly changing to a Roo 23SS if I don't get a non-hybrid as my next RV. At first blush it seems to be better value for money and now having the fllorplan that I prefer makes the decision a little easier. While I like my Jayco, I am certainly not wedded to the brand.

I think that the decision by Jayco is myopic and that the 23J will be back. These RV manufacturers are a joke when it comes to floorplans, options etc, changing things from year to year, bringing in a certain feature in and dropping others based on what feedback? (rhetorical).
Old 08-23-2012, 06:56 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by raising4daughters View Post
Jdorant - want to sell yours ? We just got some tuition bills, and it looks like we'll be putting off the hybrid and new TV purchase awhile, so hopefully Jayco will resurrect the J in a couple of years.
Man I know how you feel! We put 2 kids through college. The last one, my son, was on the "5 year" plan! When he finally graduated, the DW said it was good to get him "off the payroll"!
Gerard
Old 08-24-2012, 09:20 PM   #12

Turning the Tables

Quote:
Wayne, we really liked the floorplan on the J but would be happy with the B if we go 23'. We see the U-shaped dinette in the B as a blessing and curse based on our PUP experience. On the downside, we don't like climbing over a table to get into bed and see that as a bigger negative as we get older. On the plus side, the layout of the B looks better for indoor conversation and TV watching during inclement weather...the dinette and sofa make somewhat of a wrap-around.
I own an X23b. The only time we have to climb over the table is if we have somebody sleeping on the sofa with it pulled out. Otherwise, we just turn the table sideways leaving easy access to the front bed. As for inclement weather conversations...yes. The floorplan of the B is outstanding.
RustyFairmount is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 09:22 PM   #13

I should add that the table has one corner cut off, so using it "sideways" still leaves room to maneuver around the galley. In fact, the only time we turn the table into it's "normal" position is if we have guests over for an inside meal.
RustyFairmount is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 03:16 PM   #14

Quote:
Jdorant - want to sell yours ? The DW fell in love with the X23J last season for the same reason you stated, not having to climb over the dinette as with our PUP, and also the bigger slideout. We just got some tuition bills, and it looks like we'll be putting off the hybrid and new TV purchase awhile, so hopefully Jayco will resurrect the J in a couple of years. If not, we found another brand with a layout almost identical to the J. Hate to leave Jayco, but neither of us wants to climb over a dinette. We really like the HTT idea because it brings some of the openness feeling of a PUP, but may have to reconsider a TT.
You never know... we bought this to pull with our Explorer beginning of the season (biggest we could get for TV) and then I bought an F150. Now I want one bigger with a bunk house. By the way we are going to camp next year in Ohio to goto Cedar Point. Any Recommendations? Maybe after the trip I can leave the TT with you!! HAHA I think the wife would kill me if I spent any more money.

2013 White Hawk 28 DSBH
Old 08-25-2012, 09:04 PM   #15

Quote:
By the way we are going to camp next year in Ohio to goto Cedar Point. Any Recommendations?
Although we live just an hour away, we've "camped" at Cedar Point 4 times. The first time we stayed in the cottages called Lighthouse Point. Fantastic. Then we bought our PUP and stayed in Camper Village the next 2 summers, two visits last summer. Camper Village is great in that it's close to Soak City and an entrance to Cedar Point. The main benefit is the Early Ride Time that allows those staying on the grounds to get into the park at 9am. My daughters and I arrive at the gate at 8:15am to be first in line, we sprint to the Maverick, then to Millenium, then Raptor, and if we're lucky Magnum before the general public gets in.

If you don't stay on the grounds, I recommend East Harbor State Park on Marblehead. Reserve early to get a shaded site. Many of the electrical sites are very sunny.

Quote:
Maybe after the trip I can leave the TT with you!! HAHA I think the wife would kill me if I spent any more money.
Now there's a plan. I'm hoping (praying) to go back to Cedar Point next summer. Am scheduled for lower back surgery in October and fear I've ridden my last coaster.
Old 08-25-2012, 09:11 PM   #16

Quote:

Now there's a plan. I'm hoping (praying) to go back to Cedar Point next summer. Am scheduled for lower back surgery in October and fear I've ridden my last coaster.
Thanks for the response about Cedar Point. I wish you the best of luck with your surgery and a speedy recovery!

2013 White Hawk 28 DSBH
Old 08-30-2012, 06:00 PM   #17

Quote:
An FYI... you got me thinking and since I've upgraded my TV and think I would like to upgrade my TT too now. To one with a bunk house, so it for SALE. If anyones interested, let me know and I can send you pictures, but here is the listing.

http://www.jaycoowners.com/showthrea...11-x23J-select

Thanks for taking a look! Jay

2013 White Hawk 28 DSBH
Old 08-30-2012, 06:26 PM   #18
Site Team

Quote:
An FYI... you got me thinking and since I've upgraded my TV and think I would like to upgrade my TT too now. To one with a bunk house, so it for SALE. If anyones interested, let me know and I can send you pictures, but here is the listing.

http://www.jaycoowners.com/showthrea...11-x23J-select

Thanks for taking a look! Jay

Whatcha gonna get?
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 06:39 PM   #19

I like the Eagles, 314 BDS & 324 BTS but think those may be a little too heavy for my TV. Also like the White Hawk's 28 DSBH,29 SQB, and 31 DSLB. We want a bunk room, like the idea of access to bathroom from outside, and an outdoor kitchen would be bonus if we could get that too. This all depends on if we can sell the 23j 1st. I hear others saying theres sold quick. Where going away columbus day weekend so hopefully not b4 then but if it does I guess we'll just have to deal.

2013 White Hawk 28 DSBH
Old 08-30-2012, 06:41 PM   #20
Site Team

Quote:
I like the Eagles, 314 BDS & 324 BTS but think those may be a little too heavy for my TV. Also like the White Hawk's 28 DSBH,29 SQB, and 31 DSLB. We want a bunk room, like the idea of access to bathroom from outside, and an outdoor kitchen would be bonus if we could get that too. This all depends on if we can sell the 23j 1st. I hear others saying theres sold quick. Where going away columbus day weekend so hopefully not b4 then but if it does I guess we'll just have to deal.
Sounds like a plan. Good luck with the sale and hunt for the new BH.
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote