Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-16-2013, 05:59 PM   #21

I use the red Coleman RoadTrip and have been quite happy with it. I run it with a "T" line off my main tanks - Mic and simple. Big enough to cook for the wife and 6 kids, small enough to fold up and store in the front pass through storage area.
Old 05-04-2013, 11:45 AM   #22

We also have a weber Q and they can't be beat. Yes, they are a little more money than the others but are built to last. We use the small 1# propane tanks and refill them from the 20# with the Mr Heater adapter...
campitout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 04:55 PM   #23

We use the Camp Chef cooktop as well. I bought it from a local sporting goods store a couple of years ago. Our camper didn't have the extra gas connection, so I added a tee and some piping. We use a charcoal grill for grilling. We rarely cook inside (coffee occasionally). It keeps us outside where we typically are anyway.
Engchase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 07:52 PM   #24

Hi I use the Sportsman portable grill from Sams clube also purchased a small 10lb pancake style lp tank, They bothe work great together
outofhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 02:41 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by outofhere View Post
Hi I use the Sportsman portable grill from Sams clube also purchased a small 10lb pancake style lp tank, They bothe work great together
I was looking at the sportsman and was wondering if they would hook up to the quick connect?
No TV since Tundra can't do it

krackeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 10:32 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by taviking22 View Post
I just purchased a Weber Q 120 and have the parts to convert it to the low pressure LP quick connect on my trailer. I hope the reviews on it are true!

I had a really old model Side Kick grill that was, well, next to worthless with uneven heating and hard to clean. It fastened to the rail on the side of the RV and left grease spatters behind. I think the new models of the RVQ II seem much, much better than the old Side Kick, but I could get the Weber cheaper and had the conversion parts so went with it. And I have a long enough hose so that if it rains I can move the Weber under the awning.
On follow- up, we did camp for two nights and used our new Weber Q grill. Three letters sum up my feelings: WOW!

Very even heating, great searing with the cast iron grate, and the drippings end up in the drip pan for easy clean up. The grill's conversion to low pressure LP was a snap. This grill is a giant improvement over my old side-kick and worth every penny.

'06 2500 Silverado 4X4, Duramax LBZ Diesel, Firestone air bags
'08 Tracker Pro Guide V-16 Boat
'12 Pinnacle 31RLTS
taviking22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 09:05 AM   #27

We like using the low pressure hook up on the TT so much after we converted our Weber 200 we then converted a single burner stove. Now when we need to cook a huge pot of pasta or some lobster we can do it outside and do not have to bother with canisters of any size.
usmc616 is offline   Reply With Quote