Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-20-2014, 11:31 PM   #1

power dolly

Hi, just wondering if any of you are using or ever heard of the parkit360 power dolly? Here is their website..www.parkit360.ca they are located in Ontario Canada. I am expecting delivery next Tuesday of the 360L so that I can manuever my TT to my side yard that I can't do with my TV
Old 03-21-2014, 08:03 AM   #2

Have TT not 5'er but my concern is holding the rv on a grade. I know it actives the brakes, but at 7000 or more lbs, there is a lot of gravity working on it if you're not on level ground. Also would wonder how it would handle gravel. Guess if you are on level paved ground it would be sweet. Would love to have something to help with the delicate manuvering to get around my barn and on the back yard pad.
Bassdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 08:14 AM   #3

I to have looked at the park it 360 as I have a narrow curved driveway at camp where I plan to park my trailer when we are not on the road with it. I am concerned as well with traction but see that you can add larger tires and bigger motors to fit each individuals need. I do know I may try a hitch on the front of my F150 first to see if I can get away with that instead of spending $1500 on a power dolly. I would like to hear how it works for you and your needs when you get it delivered.
Old 03-21-2014, 09:37 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJL1967 View Post
I to have looked at the park it 360 as I have a narrow curved driveway at camp where I plan to park my trailer when we are not on the road with it. I am concerned as well with traction but see that you can add larger tires and bigger motors to fit each individuals need. I do know I may try a hitch on the front of my F150 first to see if I can get away with that instead of spending $1500 on a power dolly. I would like to hear how it works for you and your needs when you get it delivered.
I received confirmation that it will be here on Tues. Looking forward to trying it out...i also decided and ordered the turf tires since I will be turning my TT around and pulling it into my side yard so that I do not have to lengthen the retaining wall to my neighbour‘s property. The section in front of the axle is longer thsn the back half. I can actually keep the wheels on the gravel and support the tongue on pavers. The bonus is, it will make it impossible to steal. So the mover will be operated on grass. My trailer is 4200 lbs and the mover i bought is rated for 9600 lbs. Cool thing was that my eifevwas on side with me buying it so that i do not have to store it at a storage facility from Sept to May
Old 03-22-2014, 02:16 PM   #5

We had a PowerCaster to move a 9,900 lb cargo trailer with 2 axles. It worked very well on pavement and gravel but on grass it would just spin. You have to be careful how tight a turn you make with it, on a dual axle trailer. One tire turns, the other will drag on very tight turns. On grass you might want to consider something that will give you better traction. We used a product called sandmats, which were plastic with bolts through it and that worked much better.
Bird Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 07:17 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bird Dawg View Post
We had a PowerCaster to move a 9,900 lb cargo trailer with 2 axles. It worked very well on pavement and gravel but on grass it would just spin. You have to be careful how tight a turn you make with it, on a dual axle trailer. One tire turns, the other will drag on very tight turns. On grass you might want to consider something that will give you better traction. We used a product called sandmats, which were plastic with bolts through it and that worked much better.
Thank you for the info, it is just straight in and straight out. No turning until it is on the gravel pad.
Old 03-24-2014, 07:02 PM   #7

My Father in-law has one for a custom atv trailer. It measures 6 feet by 20, all solid c-channel on a double axle, It weighs around 3000lb without the bikes, the sides are all metal ramps that act as railings when not in use. He has 4 ATV's on and it uses it to park it in his garage as there is only 2" clearance on both sides of his door. He has nothing but good things to say about it.
Huntsvillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 11:31 PM   #8

Well my tow dolly arrived yesterday, it was easy to put together, however the wiring is set up for the unit to have a RV battery mounted to it. I am going to mount my existing size 24 battery to it and upsize the one for my trailer to a Group 31. I did not get the built in battery charger since I will use my smart charger to charge the battery. I am also going to get the turf tires and rims for it and wire it with a switch to to use my trailer's brake to avoid putting excessive stain on the motor. I am going to test it this Sat after I remove a fence in my side yard to accommodate the TT and find out where to move my new fence line to.
Old 03-29-2014, 01:47 PM   #9

I tried the power dolly out today, definitely need to get the off road tires for it, had to put a board under it to get the traction I needed to get it moving on loose gravel. This thing works, I was able to put it in my side yard with little effort putting it within a inch of my side gutters of my house.
Old 03-29-2014, 02:39 PM   #10

Glad it works for you. Thanks for the feed back.
Old 03-29-2014, 05:58 PM   #11

Thanks for the info! DH has been thinking of one - we plan to keep the TT in our driveway which is very long, but we also live in a residential neighbourhood and it may be, well, interesting to try to get the TT in
kodes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 01:01 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by kodes View Post
Thanks for the info! DH has been thinking of one - we plan to keep the TT in our driveway which is very long, but we also live in a residential neighbourhood and it may be, well, interesting to try to get the TT in
If you do get it, and you have a slope, get the motor upgrade and the brake controller. If your driveway is paved, the stock tires will work fine. I bought a battery box and rv battery for the power dolly and am using my own smart charger to charge it. What I like about this unit is that the parts can be sourced locally. I purchased the 360L which is worth the little extra.
Old 03-30-2014, 04:44 AM   #13

Can you just rent one from a construction rental store in your town?
Tunce the traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 10:52 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunce the traveler View Post
Can you just rent one from a construction rental store in your town?
I haven't seen anyone that rents one. Maybe, I can rent mine out and make my money back
Old 04-07-2014, 03:35 PM   #15

I had problems getting the ball mount to fit properly. It would not go on straight and allow the machine to pivot out. I added piece of a large washer to the bitch to allow the ball mount to tighten up flush and have had no more issues. The 360XL model pushes our X213 up a mountable curb with no problems. I had to put down a steel grating as it would just dig holes as soon as it reached the gravel though.
rodandmir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 10:46 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodandmir View Post
I had problems getting the ball mount to fit properly. It would not go on straight and allow the machine to pivot out. I added piece of a large washer to the bitch to allow the ball mount to tighten up flush and have had no more issues. The 360XL model pushes our X213 up a mountable curb with no problems. I had to put down a steel grating as it would just dig holes as soon as it reached the gravel though.
Mine came with the thrush washer, it is critical for tightening to the coupler. Overall I am pleased with my decision to purchase it.
Old 04-25-2014, 04:13 AM   #17

I have a PowerCaster that I used with a tandem axle boat trailer for years. It worked great except on wet grass as was mentioned above. Plenty of torque to move my 4,500 pound boat and make sharp turns where the wheels would slide.

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS, Cummins/Onan RV QG 5500 EVAP, Progressive Industries EMS-PT50X, TST Systems 507 TPMS, RV Flex Armor Roof
edatlanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 06:20 AM   #18

Quote:
Good morning! Did you ever try a front-mount hitch on your F150? I was also wondering if this might be an option, however you still need to factor the lenght of the truck when parking in tight spots. Please let me know what you went with. Thanks!
Sergeum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 10:36 AM   #19

No I have not added the front hitch yet. Had plans to do so after I made a clearing at camp for my TT but haven't gotten around to that either LOL. Guess I've been too busy traveling with the TT. May get around to it this summer though and if I do I will send you a PM.
Old 02-06-2016, 10:52 AM   #20

Quote:
No I have not added the front hitch yet. Had plans to do so after I made a clearing at camp for my TT but haven't gotten around to that either LOL. Guess I've been too busy traveling with the TT. May get around to it this summer though and if I do I will send you a PM.

Thanks! After pricing out different power dollies and exploring the option of building my own, a front hitch seems to make the most sense... if it works. It has many different applications too. Good luck!
Sergeum is offline   Reply With Quote