Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-16-2014, 05:48 PM   #1

Update on Jayco 264 BH Furnace Issue

I have a 2013 Jayco 264BH and the furnace is blowing cold air and will not lite or shut off without removing the fuse. I have installed a new fuse in the panel and tested all fuses and all reading at 11.77 amps. Fresh charge on the battery and propane tanks full. When I put the new fuse in the fan started right away and NO HEAT! I have pulled the fuse out temporarily and took off the jacknife couch to access the heater. I am going to take the heater out tomorrow and take it down to a local rv dealership to test the furnace control board. Everyone is still mentioning that is the issue. Stinks because such an expensive part and I do not have a warrantee. If it is not the control board what else could it be? Also, I do not even hear the heat trying to lite. Could it be the sail switch or the thermostat? I heard if the sail switch does not work properly the heater will not go to the next stage. Any opinions are appreciated.
cocokay43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 06:08 PM   #2

Send a message via Skype™ to ALJO
Most likely it can be the sail switch or a limit switch. If you have a manual with the diagram, try to test it yourself first (or with the help of a friend). Dealers always lean towards replacing things without questions ask. Most of the time you can buy parts local or online. The thermostat you can test also; xx Volt goes to the TH and comes back from the TH to The furnace (check that the TH switch is on). If you remove the furnace be sure to mark the wires. It is a good way to learn to solve problems. Good Luck!
Pro Series 1200 lbs. WDH with Double Sway Bar.
Champion 3100/2800 watt Inverter/Generator-Onboard Solar Power
ALJO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 09:29 AM   #3

Why don't you have a warranty? Jaycee offers a two-years warranty and you have a 2013. Did you buy it more than two years ago? Sorry to hear about your problem, maybe there is no gas getting to the heater or your batteries are too low to fire the heater up.
2013 Polaris Sportsman 550 EXP
2008 Polaris Sportsman 700 X2
jal0710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 10:29 AM   #4

QUOTE: "all reading at 11.77 amps"

You mean 11.77 Volts, right? If so that may be too little to get enough fan speed to activate the sail switch. If plugged into shore power your battery should read at least 13.2 VDC if the converter is working.
Harvard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 06:56 AM   #5

Could be the ignitor also,sounds like it wants to start but isn't seeing flame.It could be that it's doing what it should and the fan is running to clear the lp from the unit to prevent explosion.I know you said you took unit out but you could have checked outside to see if you smell lp or even hear the ignitor trying to light assuming you so have electronic ignition(which most do now) My camping buddy had a issue where his 1 tank went empty and he swapped tanks and heat wouldn't work at all,i wasn't there but he bleed out line and heat still wouldn't work,he had to run his oven to purge out line and restart opening gas valve nice and slow,heater ran fine after that

2015 Jayco Eagle Premier 314BHDS

IBEW local 94 Electrical Worker
314BHDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 02:11 PM   #6

Check for insect debris like mud daubers and spiders that weave fuzzy egg nests in tubes, from outside panel...where I'd start looking (info from buddy with RV experience)
Dirkdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote