Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-18-2014, 05:55 PM   #1

Unhappy Schwintek slide broken motor mount

Has anyone delt with a broken motor mount or broken motor mount screws, on a schwintech slide. Not sure if it is the mount or the screws broke. Was opening the slide and heard a loud pop. I can see that the entire motor is rotating in the wall. This is on a 2015 seismic 3912. Heading to the dealer tomorrow.
Rotocleaner1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 06:06 PM   #2

Those motors are supposedly a "click and play" meaning that they slide in a grooved receiver that has a shaft connecting the the two gears. One of mine pulled a wire and is now being replaced. There are no screws holding it in place that I know of. Did you try to push it down into the groove to engage it?

2014 375 BHFS Eagle Premier
2014 Ram 3500 Longhorn DRW CC
6.7 CTD, Aisin, 4.10's
Yamaha EF3000iSEB
3'senough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 08:20 PM   #3

There have been some "issues" with the Schwinteck system. Mine had to be replaced about 1 year into the 2 year warranty but no problems since. There is a very good youtube on the repair and replacement of these. Eventhough the dealer is taking care of the problem, it's good to know how they work just in case you have a problem while in the field.

2012 Eagle Super Lite HT 26.5RKS
2005 GMC 2500 SLT HD D/A
troutslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 08:07 AM   #4

I had problems with my Schwinteck slide when we first got our FW, a Jayco. When we were trying to get it to go back in I followed the instructions and there are, indeed, screws in the motors that keep them from spinning. In order to get the slide to work, you need to take the screws out and pull the motor up so it no longer engages the system that moves the "toothed" receivers. Then you can move the slide. That wasn't my problem, but it did eventually get fixed. I would assume that, if the screws did break, the break(s) were caused by come kind of binding within the system. Hope your dealer can get it fixed correctly for you.
2013 Polaris Sportsman 550 EXP
2008 Polaris Sportsman 700 X2
jal0710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 08:51 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jal0710 View Post
I had problems with my Schwinteck slide when we first got our FW, a Jayco. When we were trying to get it to go back in I followed the instructions and there are, indeed, screws in the motors that keep them from spinning. In order to get the slide to work, you need to take the screws out and pull the motor up so it no longer engages the system that moves the "toothed" receivers. Then you can move the slide. That wasn't my problem, but it did eventually get fixed. I would assume that, if the screws did break, the break(s) were caused by come kind of binding within the system. Hope your dealer can get it fixed correctly for you.
Good to know. I have not fully exposed my motors yet as I have been dealing mostly with warranty on them. First unit had one Schwintec and no issues. This one has 4 and 2 issues so far. The Lippert video does not show any screws ironically. If your going to show it might as well show it right IMHO. Thanks for the clarification. That would make a "pop" if it did infact sheer. Also you will pull the wires out if you keep turning the motor and do more damage.

2014 375 BHFS Eagle Premier
2014 Ram 3500 Longhorn DRW CC
6.7 CTD, Aisin, 4.10's
Yamaha EF3000iSEB
3'senough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 10:11 AM   #6

If it is the same as mine, the mount has a couple of slots that the motor slides into. Then there is a set screw to hold it in place. In my Outlaw, they didn't put the set screw in one side (one of many issues I've had...) and it popped out of the holder. I had to line the slide back up, then push the motor back into the slots. Since I don't have a set screw, I cut a small block of wood and it is being used as a spacer so the motor can't come out. I will keep it this way until I can get it fixed under warranty.

Schwintek has a video on YouTube that explains the whole thing. Useful in case you get stuck somewhere and need to push the slide in manually.
Former owner - 2013 Jayco X20E
MonkeyClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 06:29 PM   #7

Smile

Took it to dealer on Friday, they found that the mounting screw backed out and the motor jumped up out of the coupling. They got it fixed. I was able to camp this weekend.
Rotocleaner1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 08:53 PM   #8

Have a 2016 mine is doing the same thing,in for repair number 2.Did you ever get your issue fixed?
Lanced is offline   Reply With Quote