Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-30-2011, 07:52 PM   #1

Question Jayco eagle 2000 14-m popup toilet/show

I am purchasing this model popup can anyone give me insight on the using of the toilet an shower like the grey tank an the toilet tank an what type of hose is used it's not the typical sewer hose my friend says so am lost cause I don't have it yet it's in route an does it dump like a regular travel trailer help
Barbiesdrmpopup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 08:56 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Welcome to the Jayco forums.

On the earlier Jayco pop-ups I don't believe they had an actual grey "holding tank", but rather a standard garden hose connection (outside of pop-up) for grey water coming directly from the sink. You would have to provide a "blue tote" or something to capture the grey water, and then dump.

Unless there was an option for this particular Jayco pop-up, I believe it just has an "outside shower" hook-up, thus no drain.

As far as toilet, if it has one it was an option. They are a portable self contained unit, and has it's own small holding tank that can be removed from outside the pop-up for dumping.

If the pop-up doesn't come with a manual, give Jayco a call (574-825-5861)
and they will forward you one. Or check here: http://parts.cunninghamcampers.com/?page_id=18

Hope this helps.

Bob

2016 GM 2500HD 6.0L/4.10
2018 Jay Flight 24RBS
2002 GM 2500HD 6.0L/4:10 (retired)
2005 Jayco Eagle 278FBS (retired)
1999 Jayco Eagle 246FB (retired)
Reese HP Dual Cam (Strait-Line)
Rustic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 09:09 PM   #3

Smile Toilet/shower help

Thanks for the info so you mean it's a different hose than the city water hose an you put that on elsewhere on the outside of the popup an when taken a shower it runs out thur the garden hose into the tote an your saying that the toilet has an outside portable tank that you can pull out an dump so does that mean there is a connect on the tank that you can hook up a regular sewer rhino hose to dump sorry not sure how so is that what you mean an hey where are the people here like yourself getting your icons by your name like you have a moving flag I want something too help with this to please
Barbiesdrmpopup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 09:04 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Your correct that the city water hose and the grey water drain hose are two different hoses/connections on the outside of the pop-up.

As far as the "outside" shower, no drain hose connections. It is much like the outside showers as seen with TT's, HTT's, and FW's ....., more of a rinse off station than a shower. "If" it has an inside shower, then it will have it's own grey water holding tank with an outside drain valve (not sure what type).

The portable hand held black tank (pulls out of an outer side door compartment) for the toilet has a drain spout on it, I don't know if it will accept a typical rhino hose connected to it.

I'm sure once you have the pop-up in front of you everything will be self explanatory, and some of my comments will make more sense (I hope) .

As far as adding "Siginitures" and "Avatars": http://www.jaycoowners.com/showthread.php?t=2371

Bob

2016 GM 2500HD 6.0L/4.10
2018 Jay Flight 24RBS
2002 GM 2500HD 6.0L/4:10 (retired)
2005 Jayco Eagle 278FBS (retired)
1999 Jayco Eagle 246FB (retired)
Reese HP Dual Cam (Strait-Line)
Rustic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 10:14 PM   #5

I have a 2002 Jayco Eagle Summit with shower/toilet combo. I also was wondering and reasearching how to drain the gray take for the shower and sewer hook up for the sink. Check this link out. http://www.jaycoowners.com/showthread.php?t=3040

Here you will see my post on the parts/pieces required.
The sink drain should be the lower "water hose" connection on the side of the camper.
I use a short water hose to connect to the Camco 39111 RV easy slip grey water drain adapter. This adaper will connect to a standard 3inch sewer line. This lets you connect to a camp sites sewer and not have to use a bucket.

I do recommend you get one of the slinky sewer hose stands to allow for proper drainage.

In addition, you may not need the Valterra T01-0091 VP 1-1/2" x 3/4 90 degree
posted in the link I provided. Your camper may have a straight connection on the shower gray water drain valve. I just disconnect the sink hose and connect it to the shower gray water when I need to drain the tank. However, I plan to put a "Y" connector and second hose on the Camco 39111 RV easy slip grey water drain adapter to allow me to connect the sink and shower gray water tank at the same time. The only open the graywater tank valve when I need to drain it. This way I don't have to keep disconnecting the hose.

You can contact your local Jayco dealer or Jayco directly and request they send you an electronic version owners. I checked their site and it only goes back to 2003. If you would like you can PM me and I will send you mine so you can compare the differences if you can't get your exact owners manual. It covers how to set up the casset toilet and how to empty it.

Hope this helps
wrenchturner is offline   Reply With Quote