Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-12-2015, 10:05 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seann45 View Post
Ask him to put that in writing and have the company owner initial it...
Or ask them to spend a night in one up in Williston! (which I see is currently -10 at 10 a.m. their time.)
'14 Denali XL
cekkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 01:45 PM   #22

Just went thru a cold snap in Eastern Pa. with our brand new Pinnacle. (2 weeks)Kitchen gray tank froze maybe. Something broke now it drains to the ground! So much for Climate Shield! Anybody have input on the warranty to fix? Just a marketing lie I suppose.
Pennsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 01:53 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pennsy View Post
Just went thru a cold snap in Eastern Pa. with our brand new Pinnacle. (2 weeks)Kitchen gray tank froze maybe. Something broke now it drains to the ground! So much for Climate Shield! Anybody have input on the warranty to fix? Just a marketing lie I suppose.
I had two Jayco units prior to the one I have and even though they tout the sealed basement both units had the kitchen drain valve outside of the sealed belly. I learned quickly that you had to leave that tank valve open to prevent it from freezing. I never had any problems with the ones in the sealed underbelly. This was in Rockport, TX a few years ago when they had several days of below 32* temps. I had the "Arctic Package" which was prior to the "Climate Shield Package" that they tout now so I do not know if they moved those lines into the sealed area or not.
Old 01-12-2015, 02:30 PM   #24

I have been in my old camper in -2 for a week straight. even with the underbelly sealed still had a few cold related problems. The issue with electric heaters is that the propane furnace doesn't run long enough to keep the underbelly warm. I ended up moving the thermostat so that it would read from in the underbelly and left it set on 50 to keep from freezing my water tank. now I have skirting and have had no problems since. Although skirting is not very practical if you are only short term camping. I live in mine for work so I am at one spot for an extended period of time
Old 01-13-2015, 04:51 PM   #25

Had a Jayco authorized mobile tech come out, who promptly tore up the underbelly wrap. Conclusion, the kitchen grey water tank "FELL" out of the frame onto the belly. Poor factory installation. Now, after moving all of our stuff in, we have to take it to a dealer for repair. I guess we'll be homeless until its fixed. BRAND NEW 2 WEEKS OLD, thanks Jayco for making us re-arrange our lives to accommodate shoddy construction. Your mistakes = our headaches. Don't worry, we'll spread the word, don't buy a 2015 PINNACLE 5th wheel ! PS The tech never put back the underbelly properly leaving many openings and unsecured propane lines.
Old 01-13-2015, 08:25 PM   #26

Quote:
Had a Jayco authorized mobile tech come out, who promptly tore up the underbelly wrap. Conclusion, the kitchen grey water tank "FELL" out of the frame onto the belly. Poor factory installation. Now, after moving all of our stuff in, we have to take it to a dealer for repair. I guess we'll be homeless until its fixed. BRAND NEW 2 WEEKS OLD, thanks Jayco for making us re-arrange our lives to accommodate shoddy construction. Your mistakes = our headaches. Don't worry, we'll spread the word, don't buy a 2015 PINNACLE 5th wheel ! PS The tech never put back the underbelly properly leaving many openings and unsecured propane lines.
What has Jayco said about the issue. Are they going to compensate you in any way for your hassle?

2011 Ranger Sport
brianca2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 05:46 AM   #27

A polar package wasn't available on our Eagle, the one "must have" we had to compromise on. We did get dual pane windows, one of which is above our heads in the bedroom. Even down here in AZ where 40 is "frigid", the heat loss was uncomfortable. I cut and fit some rigid insulation. Problem solved. Our site has this widow on the north side, so no worries about sun damage to the windows. We do some cold weather overnights in NM and home in CO. This will make those evenings more pleasant. Maybe you can use that idea.
'14 Denali XL
Old 01-20-2015, 12:59 PM   #28

Have a 2014 Jayco Eagle travel trailer with "climate shield" it was a joke lines froze in November and the lowest temp was 20 degrees. The trailers next to mine did not have any problems. Once I looked in the underbelly I find the plastic lines laying on the plastic underbelly and running along the metal frame. The "heated" underbelly was a small hole drilled into the duct work. Once I contacted Jayco they said the climate shield is only rated in low temps in a controlled environment. There was nothing they could or would do. Thanks Jayco next time I will make sure to camp in controlled enviroments.
mikevieaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 01:45 PM   #29

The nitemare continues

From previous thread, the galley grey tank just "fell out" of the frame mount on to the underbelly puncturing the tank. Jayco shipped the wrong tank to the dealer for repair, now there is no ETA on when they can get the right tank to the dealer. The underbelly will never be able to repaired the way it came from the factory. Maybe that's a good thing! This is a brand new 2015 picked up less than a month ago. Also there's an issue with the furnace ducting. The baggage compartment vent blasts too much air and got so hot it melted the air vent! This is a fire hazard! Meanwhile we have almost no hot air flow in the kitchen while the living room vent burns our feet! I mention this so that anybody thinking about buying a Jayco will have fair warning. I wish I did. Now we're sitting in a hotel because of Jayco's factory defects and service screw ups. JAYCO BUYER BEWARE !!!
Old 01-20-2015, 07:05 PM   #30

You have to "READ" how Climate Shield is advertised. The unit is exposed to 0 degrees for 8 hours, not weeks, to extend your "camping season". JAYCO specifically states in the owners manual their units are not designed for full time living. If the tank froze it probably expanded and fell out of it's mountings that is not a manufacturing defect.
Old 01-21-2015, 07:07 AM   #31

Jayco has acknowledged the tank was NOT frozen and has covered the replacement under warranty due to a "production" flaw. So, this was not related to freezing.

Their video -> http://youtu.be/NFlENlxLAZU certainly gives no warning or even a caution regarding length of time exposed to freezing. "Jayco has you covered!" That's the message.

In a time of full disclosure, you would think they would ethically disclose limitations in their advertising. Hey, you're right though, we have to READ the warranty because like a used car salesman we can't rely on what they say.
Old 01-21-2015, 07:24 AM   #32

Pennsy. No matter how you spin it when a tank falls out of its mounting brackets, then you are shipped the wrong replacement tank and your furnace melts the vent. THAT IT IS THE MAUFACTURERS FAULT
ninjahbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 07:32 AM   #33
Site Team

Quote:
So, this was not related to freezing.

Their video -> http://youtu.be/NFlENlxLAZU certainly gives no warning or even a caution regarding length of time exposed to freezing. "Jayco has you covered!" That's the message.

In a time of full disclosure, you would think they would ethically disclose limitations in their advertising. Hey, you're right though, we have to READ the warranty because like a used car salesman we can't rely on what they say.
Beg pardon but I watched the video and clearly heard them say it was exposed to 0 temps for 8 hours. Lets be a little cautious about making claims and accusations w/o getting to the facts first. It sounds like Jayco is stepping up to the plate with the problem. Please keep us posted on the outcome.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 07:35 AM   #34

Thanks. Jayco has determined it was not due to freezing and is covering the repair under warranty. So they agree, it was a "production" problem. BTW how long is an "extended camping season". Gotta read the fine print cause you can't believe what you hear.
Old 01-21-2015, 07:48 AM   #35

Sorry to be a little snippy, you said the tank froze so that was the reason for my comment. As to the video it clearly states it was tested at 0 for 8 hours and 100 degrees for 8 hours.

There are 100's of PINNACLES on the road and as we all have said someone will get one with issues, that doesn't mean JAYCO makes a bad product as you insinuated. They admited there was a problem and are fixing it no questions ask.

As to the wrong tank beiing shipped the first time, there are at least 2 if not 3 grey tanks on most Pinnacles so that is a mistake that can happen.
Old 01-21-2015, 08:07 AM   #36

Of course your right. From that I should have known that they strictly limited their bravado to eight hours. Any reasonable person would pick that up. Sorry I didn't see that as a limitation. I stupidly assumed they were trying to sell a feature that "Jayco has you covered!" OF COURSE THEY ONLY MEANT EIGHT HOURS DUH!
Old 01-21-2015, 08:08 AM   #37

Pennsy
Great to hear that they are taking care of you and doing what is right!
ninjahbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 08:10 AM   #38

Oh trust me, I believe mistakes can happen. I'm paying the price for their mistakes. Of course that should not be a surprise right?
Old 01-21-2015, 08:26 AM   #39

The post said "Kitchen gray tank froze maybe." I never said they make a bad product but I think buyers should BEWARE and know these things are happening. Oh and shipping the wrong tank...yeah why should anybody get upset over that? I guess it's like one potato two potato, sometimes you get the right one, sometimes you don't. These things happen and diligence should not be expected....all the time. GOOD POINT !
Old 01-21-2015, 08:50 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
As to the wrong tank beiing shipped the first time, there are at least 2 if not 3 grey tanks on most Pinnacles so that is a mistake that can happen.
Our experience with Jayco has been completely positive. So I would think Jayco could determine, via good record keeping practices, what tank was being used on date of production or by serial number or VIN. I can't imagine an installer could simply grab a tank from random bins of same. Maybe someone just didn't make an effort to check.
'14 Denali XL