Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-23-2014, 07:25 AM   #1

Squirrel Issue

We have a 2007 Jayco 28RLS and this year when we opened up after the winter, we found the beinnings of a squirrel nest. I am looking for any insight you may have on 1) How would they be getting in? -the nest was in the main area of the trailer (not under the sink or tub) 2) How do you keep them out?
I think it may have entered around the slide but cannot be certain so any help you could provide would be greatly appreciated!
CdnNnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 07:41 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Welcome to JOF

For a squirrel to get in there must be a notable hole somewhere....., sure it's not mice?

My first thought would be to check the exterior of the TT.., roof (frig vent, etc), walls (range vent, shore power cord cover, etc.), and complete under carriage of TT, lots of places for critters to get in. Check inside all cabinets around plumbing and electrical openings....., check around the converter/charger wiring as well.

Open the slide and inspect seals for signs of any "chewing", and with slides closed check the corners as well.

Bob

2016 GM 2500HD 6.0L/4.10
2018 Jay Flight 24RBS
2002 GM 2500HD 6.0L/4:10 (retired)
2005 Jayco Eagle 278FBS (retired)
1999 Jayco Eagle 246FB (retired)
Reese HP Dual Cam (Strait-Line)
Rustic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 11:54 AM   #3

You definitely need to check every nook, cranny, corner, cabinet and even the underbelly. A friend of ours had a squirrel get into their TT and did over $3,000 in damage to water lines and electric both 12v and 110.
Old 04-23-2014, 08:41 PM   #4

I would turn every light on inside the TT at night and then crawl under the TT and look for spots where you can see any light. I have used spray fom insulation to close up small entrance spots. Any large areas you can fill with stainless steel wool and then spray the foam.
usmc616 is offline   Reply With Quote