Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-11-2014, 10:01 PM   #1

26.5 RLS and repairs during the second year

Just reporting out the issues I have found with my Eagle HT 26.5 RLS in the second year, that will be going in for warranty coverage.

Last year, the only warranty thing after 3,000 miles and 10 states was that the outside shower hose would not turn completely off when using the little valve on the shower head. O horrors! The dealer replaced it no problem.

This year after 5,600 miles and 30 days: Awning did not work at all after the winter slumber.
Water pump failed after a few days of use.
Cold water valve for the outside kitchen does not work.
I think my faith that a company that offered a 2 year warranty in a 1 year world was the one to go with is justified! Sure, irritating that things break - but they will be covered, and none were show stoppers. And after hearing about major tales of woe from other campers who bought from other companies....I'm pretty happy! Glad I bought Jayco!
Old 08-11-2014, 10:11 PM   #2

Good to hear.

-2004 Nissan Titan w/Equal-i-zer hitch
-2014 Jayco White Hawk 24 RBS
NDJollyMon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 12:42 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flapper View Post
This year after 5,600 miles and 30 days: Awning did not work at all after the winter slumber.
Could you please report the solution on this? Mine is really struggling with its operation.
Thanks!

2012 Eagle Super Lite HT 26.5RKS
2005 GMC 2500 SLT HD D/A
troutslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 09:55 PM   #4

Going to the dealer next week. In my case, it worked fine when I put it away last October, and this year it's dead. Flip the switch to extend and nothin'! There does seem to be power getting to the switch, according to my meter, so I'm guessing that the awning motor is dead. But that is what a warranty is for, so I haven't spent much time troubleshooting it. Will post back what they find. You might want to Google "RV Awning Recall" or similar - there are some posts about problems the awning manufacturer had with some of their models....
Old 08-19-2014, 02:38 PM   #5

I know this is a pain, but our owners' manual tells how to move the awning if the inside switch doesn't work properly. Seems you have to take off some stuff of one side of the awning and attach some "jumpers" to it and attach them to a 12-volt source. Might be worth it to try this, if it's available, before going to the dealer. Don't know if I would as I am not good with mechanical stuff, but if you are even passable, it might be worth a shot.
2013 Polaris Sportsman 550 EXP
2008 Polaris Sportsman 700 X2
jal0710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 09:27 AM   #6

Troutslayer may want to take at look at that. And a recent issue of Trailer Life had an article about replacing an awning which may help in understanding. For me, it's what a warranty is for.
Here's a link about last year's recall. May or may not apply at all to either of our situations:
http://www.prnewswire.com/news-relea...206839051.html
Old 08-23-2014, 11:57 AM   #7

My first year of 26.5 rls ownership was anything but enjoyable! 7k trip to CA,AZ and ID then home. Fix'n and wondering what was going to break next all the way. Trailer even took a trip to the factory for repairs?
Getting ready for another 7K trip and hoping it won't be like the last one!
Old 09-01-2014, 09:00 PM   #8

A follow up -
The awning problem was due to a wire that came loose in the switch panel.

Outside cold water required a replacement of the whole assembly, an interior passage was blocked, defective from the mfg.

Water pump problem healed itself (!)(?) - filled tank at dealer, opened a faucet and turned on the power and it all worked. It proved out over this last weekend when we dry camped for three days. I'm thinking that maybe I kept testing it while we were hooked up to city water - there was pressure, so the pump wouldn't turn on....so might just be operator error.

So, anything I could claim warranty for over the last two years turned out to be very minor and/or I could have easily fixed myself. Good job Jayco!
Old 09-02-2014, 06:15 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flapper View Post
A follow up -
The awning problem was due to a wire that came loose in the switch panel.

Outside cold water required a replacement of the whole assembly, an interior passage was blocked, defective from the mfg.

Water pump problem healed itself (!)(?) - filled tank at dealer, opened a faucet and turned on the power and it all worked. It proved out over this last weekend when we dry camped for three days. I'm thinking that maybe I kept testing it while we were hooked up to city water - there was pressure, so the pump wouldn't turn on....so might just be operator error.

So, anything I could claim warranty for over the last two years turned out to be very minor and/or I could have easily fixed myself. Good job Jayco!
Thanks for the follow-up!

2012 Eagle Super Lite HT 26.5RKS
2005 GMC 2500 SLT HD D/A
troutslayer is offline   Reply With Quote