Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-28-2014, 09:03 PM   #1

1 inch thick memory foam mattress on sale

Just saw this on groupon. Good deal.

http://gr.pn/1wETO19 ComforPedic Loft 1" Memory Foam Mattress Topper

2017 Jayco 287BHSW
xkuzme1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 05:30 AM   #2

I don't think I ever seen 1 inch before. And at 39.99 for queen that don't sound so good to me..
2016 CTS 4 2.0T
2001 Oldsmobile Aurora 4.0
2015 Chrysler 200C AWD
33 RLDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 08:00 PM   #3

I found one on amazon for about the same price. Goin to give it a try
chrismoore701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 08:13 PM   #4

I saw one in Kmart for about $18 and figured I had nothing to lose. Put it on top of our queen size double bladder air mattress and am happy with it after a couple of years.
cekkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 08:13 PM   #5
Site Team

We bought a cheap Chinese memory foam topper once from wal mart and I had to give it away. It had a strong chemical odor. The DW had several bad allergic reactions to it and told me in no uncertain terms it had to go or she was.

I recently bought a regular foam 3" mattress with cover from the Foam Factory http://www.foambymail.com/ after a friend recommended it. No smell whatsoever and high quality dense foam. Pricier then the cheap ones but I was willing to spend a bit more on this after the first episode. As far as I can tell their stuff is all American made in their factory, and comes this certification;

CertiPUR-US Ū Program

Here at Foam Factory, Inc., we understand that your health and safety are the top priorities when faced with the decision to bring a new product into your home. In an effort to offer the highest-quality products to our customers while providing peace of mind, Foam Factory has earned CertiPUR-USŪ certification for nearly all of our open-cell comfort foams. Meeting the CertiPUR-USŪ guidelines assures customers that our certified polyurethane foam is an environmentally-innovative material that is durability, performance, and content-tested.

The CertiPUR-USŪ program is a not-for-profit testing and analysis guideline system that helps consumers make more informed buying decisions regarding foam products. Materials carrying the CertiPUR-USŪ seal have been independently laboratory-tested and certified to meet specific criteria for physical performance, indoor emissions, and environmental stewardship.

When manufactured to correct standards and protocol, foam products for use in and around the home provide unparalleled comfort, luxury, and relaxation. However, due to the practices of a few disreputable companies in our industry, many people have the idea that foam is a product filled with harmful chemicals and materials, and something best avoided. Fortunately, this is untrue for a great majority of foam materials.

CertiPUR-USŪ certified materials have to pass rigorous requirements to meet the standards of the evaluation. To achieve CertiPUR-USŪ certification, materials must meet the following requirements:

Made without Ozone depleters
Made without PBDE flame retardants
Made without mercury, lead, and other heavy metals
Made without formaldehyde
Made without prohibited Phthalate softening agents (pronounced thal'-āte)
Low VOC (Volatile Organic Compound) emissions for indoor air quality (less than 0.5 parts per million)
Knowing that the materials you're bringing into your home are certified to be free of these additives can help you make your purchase decisions with confidence and let you rest easy once they are in your home.

Foam Factory CertiPUR-USŪ certified materials include:

3LB ViscoSAVER Memory Foam
4LB ViscoPLUSH Memory Foam
5LB ViscoMAX Memory Foam
Poly Foam
Super Soft Foam
Medical Foam
HD36-Regular Foam
HD36-High Quality Foam
Lux-Regular Foam
Lux-High Quality Foam
For more information on CertiPUR-USŪ certification, visit www.certipur.us.
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 04:05 PM   #6
Lost in the Woods

DW and I have tried quite a few foam toppers and 1" just won't do much plus the memory foam can be hot. We recently bought one from Wally World that is 4" for about $150 and it is much better. What I have found so far is that you get what you pay for.
wwsmith111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 09:39 AM   #7

1" ???? waste of your hard earned money... if you weigh over 100 lbs you will flatten it as soon as you lay on it...
93/2020,157/2019219/2018 206/2017,215/2016, 211/2015, 196/14, 247/13, 193/12

Seann45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 10:45 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seann45 View Post
1" ???? waste of your hard earned money... if you weigh over 100 lbs you will flatten it as soon as you lay on it...
I should have mentioned that the one incher I got for $17 or so was going on top of a mattress that was ordered with less of a top layer than we would have
preferred due to its having to fit under the vanity when the slide was retracted. It helped more than expected since it was so cheap. I sure wouldn't pay 30 or $40 for even a high quality foam.

So I agree with you. I'd think 3" would be a minimum. And if it's going on a cheap, saggy mattress, nothing less than a good replacement is going to fix that problem IMO.
'14 Denali XL
cekkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 07:31 PM   #9

My wife picked up a two inch memory foam topper, name brand but what it is escapes me, for 30 at a black friday sale last year. It was regularly 90 and came with a memory foam pillow, which my wife promptly claimed. It made a world of difference for our mattress. It is actually comfortable now. It has a cooling gel layer on top which prevents getting too hot. If you are looking for a memory foam topper it may be worth it to brave the crowd.
jenoble99 is offline   Reply With Quote