Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-07-2014, 07:40 AM   #1

Seismic problems

We bought a 2013 Seismic 3210 last December. I have had manyproblems with this camper. The gas tanks are very slow to fill and buildpressure and leak thru the caps if fill more than half. It goes to the dealerthis weekend for a factory fix by lowering both tanks. The first month I had toreplace the fuel pump for the generator, the dealer did reimburse me but it wasa pain. In the past 3 week I have had to replace all 4 tires because of sidewall problems, this cost me $150.00 because the tire dealer pro rated them.Another pain, but I cannot fault Jayco for these problems they are vendorissues. I have had to replace most of the screws under the camper because theheads are breaking off; looks like someone over tightened them when building. Ihad to replace the screws around the fuel station for the same reason. Afterhaving several cabinet door fall off I have replaced many screws inside thecamper as well because the screws Jayco used were so short they held nothing.The large slide stopped working and needed rewired. Now I am having problemswith the black holding tank building pressure and the toilet not flushingproperly. I have owned many less expensive rv’s and never had this manyproblems. I must say the dealer has been working very hard to make thingsright, but I really expected more from a “top of the line” rv. Any one else have problems with their Seismic?
jdmejm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 07:44 PM   #2

I have a Seismic 3210 2014 with no major problems it is great. I guess there can always be a lemon made, hope you get all the issues taken care of Jayco is great and will make it right.
Shoefly
Old 10-02-2014, 07:52 AM   #3

I bought a 2014 Seismic and many problems too. Same thing with gas going in slow. Clamp holding up gas hose rusted off and lost 1 gallon of gas. Thank goodness it was while we were camping and not traveling. Brackets in battery compartment missing or screws sheared off. Screw sheared off on living room sliding arm. Tail light loose. Bedroom door not latching. Closet doors coming loose from track. Crack in the top back corner so now leaking. Battery goes dead even after putting in auxiliary battery. Bathroom cupboard peeling. Rusty underneath.
Stefani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 10:52 PM   #4

jdmejm
The fuel factory fix did Jayco let you know to bring it in or did you have to bug them
until they did something? I have the same problem and only have 3 months of
warranty left

Jack
advrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 08:30 AM   #5

Jack,

I would not wait. Get on the horn to your Jayco dealer. If customers (not even ours..) let us know there is a problem BEFORE the warranty runs out, we can get the paperwork flowing to get the problems fixed, at no cost, even it we have to wait to get the unit in the shop until spring.
John LLRV is offline   Reply With Quote