Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-22-2014, 08:09 AM   #21

Over the years, I've found that a 2x6 [1 1/2" thick] will correct one bubble of adjustment and a 3/4" x 6 board will adjust for 1/2 bubble. Carry mostly 2x6 boards but also have 4 of the 3/4" to make the smaller corrections.

Yup!! To each there own favorite way to do it. The only plastic ones I've ever owned are the ones you have left behind. I lost them too so maybe they got back to their original owner. Too save weight a couple years ago, I gave most of my 2x6 leveler boards to a neighbor when leaving for home 1000 miles north. Told him he could use them to level or as firewood. I made new ones when I got home.
Bassdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 08:58 AM   #22

I've used boards and the yellow Lego blocks. Both are good and bad. I got sick of all the extra weight and extra storage space the boards required. But the blocks are a pain in that you always get wet dirt up inside the holes and they are a pain to clean without a hose. So either you put them in the bag wet and dirty or spend the the time to clean them. I tried just throwing them in the bed of my truck like I do plastic chocks to deal with cleaning when I got home, but I lost many going down the road. Funny I don't loose the chocks though.
UPCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 01:30 PM   #23

Trailer rolled backwards about 18 inches off the legos Friday night as I unhitched - the jack was on a block and it slid/rolled right off of that. The chocks on the opposite side did not budge at least. Luckily no damage, but the crew got a startle from it. And I got uber-cranky. Not a fun way to start a trip.

The Andersen Levelers should be waiting for me (from Amazon Prime) when I get home.
Arefbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 08:51 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arefbee View Post
Trailer rolled backwards about 18 inches off the legos Friday night as I unhitched - the jack was on a block and it slid/rolled right off of that. The chocks on the opposite side did not budge at least. Luckily no damage, but the crew got a startle from it. And I got uber-cranky. Not a fun way to start a trip.

The Andersen Levelers should be waiting for me (from Amazon Prime) when I get home.
Yup, had a similar experience here. Wish I had read this before buying the blocks. I have a set of camcos and a no-name set form Wal-mart. The camcos are good quality, the wally world ones are crap...waste of money. I will probably get the Andersons when I can bring myself to spend more money on stuff to level my camper.
Collinp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 11:36 AM   #25

I always used the lego type blocks and I love them , I too use them under tires and stabilizing jacks... I built a heavy jackstand for the tongue jack that wont let it go anywhere once the jack is inside the tube and it adjusts from about 10 inches to 24 with the 2 tubes I made for it.... have always chocked my wheels but now I do it with the ones that sandwich between tire as I had a bad experience with one rolling on me taking it off the hitch and had it not been for the chains I would have most likely lost it in the lake
Attached Thumbnails
tongue jackstand.jpg  
Paintinfool3 is offline   Reply With Quote