Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-24-2014, 10:59 PM   #1

sink strainer

Has anyone found a sink strainer that will fit the lavatory sink? My 3100SS came with just a plug that is either all in or all out. My wife is always afraid she is going to drop something down the drain and a strainer would be nice, but I cannot find a wire basket type strainer that will fit. I assume all Jayco's and probably all RV's use similar lavatory sinks. Any help?
Bluesky46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 06:05 AM   #2

My wife found something like this while camping once. The small one is a nice fit for the bathroom sink, however it needs to be removed when brushing teeth as the mesh is a little too small, but otherwise it works nice.
nylyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 07:09 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by nylyon View Post
My wife found something like this while camping once. The small one is a nice fit for the bathroom sink, however it needs to be removed when brushing teeth as the mesh is a little too small, but otherwise it works nice.
We bought this too and works great in bathroom.
SMI Duo "Stay in Play" Braking
Barley, our Golden Retriever, on board and Buster in spirit!

McGarrett50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 07:12 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Keilman View Post
Has anyone found a sink strainer that will fit the lavatory sink? My 3100SS came with just a plug that is either all in or all out. My wife is always afraid she is going to drop something down the drain and a strainer would be nice, but I cannot find a wire basket type strainer that will fit. I assume all Jayco's and probably all RV's use similar lavatory sinks. Any help?
Tom...........we probably have the same sink situation although different vehicles. One poster I read recently recommended a washer used for garden hoses. Roll it on the stopper all the way to the plug. Not the flat one but the round one. Found at the hardware store in the garden hose section............$1.95 for a bag of 6.
Works great....allows water to run into the drain but any rings or earrings will not pass. Ring easily removed to fully plug the sink.
'13 Wrangler Sahara...AKAFUN
Roadmaster base plate
Ready Brute Elite towbar and brake combo
D&MAKAFUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 12:37 PM   #5

This lavatory sink strainer works well for us. It just sits in the lavatory drain, and can be easily removed for cleaning.
There's lots of advice and information in forums... sometimes it is correct. For example, all of my posts are made by a political appointee who got the job as a reward for contributions to my diesel bill.

2011 Jayco 28.5RLS; 2021 Chevy Duramax; Pullrite Superglide Hitch

RVhiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 04:51 PM   #6

Or... Just get a ring with a bigger diamond that won't fit in the hole....you may get rewarded.....
Ustabslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 07:27 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Keilman View Post
I picked one up at the local hardware store. Don't remember the size though. It is post#3 here.
Old 11-21-2014, 06:17 PM   #8

Bathroom Basin Strainer

I found a 1 inch strainer at the Meijer Dept. Store in my town.
Cost $.99 cents.
It is a Plumb Craft SF-9 strainer. Also has a number on the package 7638412-P. The SKU 0 28905 76384 4The card shows WWW.waxmancpg.com
Fits our 1 inch basin drain perfect.
Also saw some of these 1 inch strainers on EBay and Amazon, but for $3.00 or $4.00 dollars. EBay and Amazon also have various other basin strainer sizes for drains larger that 1 inch.
G
Attached Thumbnails
stainer 1.jpg   strainer 2.jpg  
reedga1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 06:43 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by D&MAKAFUN View Post
Tom...........we probably have the same sink situation although different vehicles. One poster I read recently recommended a washer used for garden hoses. Roll it on the stopper all the way to the plug. Not the flat one but the round one. Found at the hardware store in the garden hose section............$1.95 for a bag of 6.
Works great....allows water to run into the drain but any rings or earrings will not pass. Ring easily removed to fully plug the sink.
Go to the plumbing section of any hardware or big box store. Get a rubber "O" ring and then do as D&MAKAFUN says above. Your can adjust how low the stopper sits in the drain by how far up you push the O ring. Or you can push the stopper all the way down to seal the drain completely for filling the basin with water.

It looks like this:
dewey02 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lavatory, sink, strainer