Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-05-2012, 09:27 AM   #1

Slide Seal Installation

I have a 2009 308RLS that needs a new slide seal. I recall someone saying that UniGrip products makes a good slide seal. I would like to do this replacement myself, and figured that many of you have probably done this before. Are there any links out there that show how to do this job?
Thanks
Jaycoshane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 10:12 AM   #2

Here's the link and discussion. It's easy to replace the slideout seal. The seal has metal clips embeded in the seal, so once you pull off the old seal, you press the new seal on to the metal flange. Once attached, apply a silicone caulk to the top of the seal to keep out the water. If possible, pull off the old one and measure how much to order.

http://www.jaycoowners.com/showthrea...ght=slide+seal
Reese Strait-Line Dual Cam
Prodigy P2
Tanker42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 10:49 AM   #3

Thanks Tanker42. Will do.
Shane
Jaycoshane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 11:11 AM   #4

I am interested that you have slide seal problems on your 2009 308RLS. I have the same trailer and had the seal tear while still under warranty. The dealer replaced the seal. While inspecting the trailer the dealer thought the opening in the trailer was a little narrow and that this could have caused the problem. He cut the opening a little bit bigger and then replaced the seal. No problems since then.
Old 10-29-2014, 08:49 PM   #5

I have a 1994 Jayco 5th wheel with a 14' slide out. The seal has failed. I just purchased the replaced seal and am about to tackle this myself, but i have a question. At the corners do you cut the wiper only and lap the top over the side? Or do you cut the entire seal at a 45 and glue the two pieces together?

Any input would be appreciated
gcampau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 09:44 PM   #6

I have a 94 fifth with super slide, check the little gutter above your slide and make sure it is caulked good, mine has leaked and some of the wood in the wall of camper is bad. Look at your wall above slide out on the inside of trailer as the room is about half way out
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 01:36 PM   #7

Sealant used

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanker42 View Post
Here's the link and discussion. It's easy to replace the slideout seal. The seal has metal clips embeded in the seal, so once you pull off the old seal, you press the new seal on to the metal flange. Once attached, apply a silicone caulk to the top of the seal to keep out the water. If possible, pull off the old one and measure how much to order.

http://www.jaycoowners.com/showthrea...ght=slide+seal
What kind of sealant did you use? 100% silicone sealant?
TRad is offline   Reply With Quote