Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-20-2013, 10:45 AM   #1

Door Lock

So new camping trip, new opportunity. Before we leave the house we normally lock the camper (not sure why we don't leave anything in there to steal, although I wish someone would steal the tv... then I can upgrade to one of them new flat tvs). But none the less we stick a key in the upper lock and it doesn't turn, try a different key and the same thing, and third and final key also didn't work. It appears like the keys are not going in all the way, does anyone know how I could possibly fix this? I pulled the handle and lock mechanism off and that didn't solve anything. Luckily the 23b has a dead bolt that still works. Thanks in advance.
Lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 12:24 PM   #2

I would try squirting some lock lubricant (not oil) into the lock and work the key in and out.

We don't use the upper lock. Anyone with access to a dealer master key can open that lock. The dead bolt is a much better way to secure the trailer.