Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-29-2014, 05:56 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleko View Post

. One question though, should I be turning the water heater off as well when the water is shut off?

Absolutely.

If the tank leaks and happens to drain itself of water, with the heat on, bad things will happen. [emoji1]

2014 White Hawk 28DSBH
2012 F150 EcoBoost MaxTow (2022 F150 PowerBoost on order)
Reese 1200 WDH / Dual Cam Sway Control
dmward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 07:13 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
Everything is supposed to be checked BY THE DEALER before giving you the unit. JAYCO has a list that dealer is supposed to check and mark off. It includes, putting water in the tank, checking the furnace, running water through the system under pressure which means he would have seen the leak. Poor dealer and poor PDI in my opinion.
Right on, well said.
Old 08-29-2014, 11:45 AM   #23

These things are built by humans one at a time on a semi automated assembly line, aka moved from work station to work station. Most people compare RV manufacturing to cars, which is not the case. Cars are almost completely made by robots, with high precision repetition, with a few people doing a few tasks that humans can do better than robots.

Sawdust, when we bought ours I did not see any sawdust during our PDI. When we got home and starting going through it. We found sawdust all over the place. We planned to clean the HTT really good anyways before using it. So we vacuumed and scrubbed everything down. For the next few trips sawdust kept showing up in the same places. After a few trips and cleanings, the sawdust is all clean and gone. I even had to remove the cover for the skylight in the bathroom to remove sawdust from there.

I know about the furnace and oven and asked our dealer about it during our PDI, and they said they fired them up and burnt off the manufacturing oils. I still fired them up at home and yes they had been burnt off. Even a new furnace and stove for your house has the same exact issue, you just have a larger area for the small and fumes to dissipate over

The water leaks can be a pain. I still check our unit for water leaks even today.

Hopefully you are through the worst of your problems, and you can enjoy the unit more and more, especially once you’re not living in it and get to enjoy using it for recreation with the family.

2012 Jayco X23B
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (sold)
Equal-I-zer 4-Point Sway Control
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leak, p-trap, poor workmanship, water heater