Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-24-2014, 10:55 AM   #1

Need to Find VIN on 1991 Jayco 5th Wheel 32' Crane model

Just got this 5th wheel and did not come with any paperwork, so I need to find the VIN. I have looked on different posts and even called Jayco, but I am getting all kinds of different locations such as cabinets(looked did not see any), plate on the hitch pin area(nadda) door sill(nuthin) and possibly somewhere on the frame. If anyone knows these 5th Wheels and can help me find, that would be great!

Thanks

Stan
stanpt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 02:07 PM   #2

I really do not know, however on my 1991 Designer it was on the inside of the R/H door under the bathroom sink.
Hope this helps...
Bad-Air is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 04:25 PM   #3

When I got my 95 264 BH the inspector looked above the passenger rear axle to see the hidden VIN #and compared it to paperwork. It may be stamped on frame and hard to see if there is any corrosion. Worth a check
Rmgrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 06:52 PM   #4

I had the same issue with my 1995 Designer. I emailed Jayco and they said it would be on the first cross-member from the back on the frame. I hunted and hunted and couldn't find it. Finally, I pulled down the hard-plastic protector for the fresh water tank and found it. As you look forward from the back, it was on the first cross-member from the back, on the right hand side. The only way to get to it was to remove the protection for the fresh water tank.
rvrev2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 02:39 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvrev2 View Post
I had the same issue with my 1995 Designer. I emailed Jayco and they said it would be on the first cross-member from the back on the frame. I hunted and hunted and couldn't find it. Finally, I pulled down the hard-plastic protector for the fresh water tank and found it. As you look forward from the back, it was on the first cross-member from the back, on the right hand side. The only way to get to it was to remove the protection for the fresh water tank.
was it on the rear side of the cross member, going to take the cover down and look, thanks
stanpt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 05:18 PM   #6

Send a message via Skype™ to ALJO
Strange they don't stamp the VIN# on A-Frame (they used to do on some) or near the 5th wheel pin. Seems standardization is still a problem in North America.

On mine there is a metal strip with VIN# screwed between the black- and grey tank.
Strange place and not even stamped on the frame.
Pro Series 1200 lbs. WDH with Double Sway Bar.
Champion 3100/2800 watt Inverter/Generator-Onboard Solar Power
ALJO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 07:34 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanpt View Post
was it on the rear side of the cross member, going to take the cover down and look, thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvrev2 View Post
Yes, it was on the rear side of the cross member. Also on the passenger side.
rvrev2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
location, vin