Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-28-2015, 01:58 PM   #1

Jayco Direct Frustration

I wanted to see if anyone has had luck ordering parts from the Jayco Direct Parts website. Of course, the first time I try ordering a part from them has been nothing short of frustration and poor communication on their part.

About 3 weeks before Christmas, I placed an order for the Dinette table for my pop-up...the used camper I bought back in October didn't have either table. They told me that the anticipated ship date was going to be Dec. 26th. (Shoot, won't be in time for Christmas, but that's OK).

December 30th rolls around and I hear nothing. So, I call them and they tell me they'll check on the order and get back to me. Nothing, so I call back on January 2nd and several days within that time frame. All of a sudden, the new anticipated ship date is January 23th. Really?

As of today, they still don't know where the table is or when it's going to ship. I've been told that they will call me when they hear back from the Jayco factory. I doubt it.

It's unfortunate that the official parts supplier for Jayco can't seem to place a simple order (or that Jayco doesn't seem to care about parts orders).

Has anyone else had a similar experience as this? In my opinion, this is just unacceptable. Venting done...
Mattincincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 02:44 PM   #2

It appears to me that Jayco Parts Direct is part of a RV dealership (Valley RV in Kent, WA) rather than an "official" Jayco operation. I would think that makes them no different than any other dealer that sells parts (except that they have dedicated website for ordering parts).
Old 01-28-2015, 03:59 PM   #3

I ordered a dinette table for our previous TT through a local dealer. They told us it would take a month. We got it in 3 weeks. Sometimes they will ship parts along with shipments of inventory from the factory. Saves on shipping costs.
2011 Jayco Jay Flight 26RLS-Sold
2014 Jayco Eagle 298 RLDS
maromeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 04:17 PM   #4

If it is just the table you need, why not go to a local cabinet shop and have it made ? I use to do that several times a year when I had my shop.
wags999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 10:23 AM   #5

If anyone has any other knowledge of an official Jayco parts ordering website, I'd appreciate the heads up. I didn't seem to find one on their main page. Thanks!
Old 01-29-2015, 10:51 AM   #6

You have to go through a dealer. JAYCO does not sell direct to the consumer.
Old 01-29-2015, 11:04 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by wags999 View Post
If it is just the table you need, why not go to a local cabinet shop and have it made ? I use to do that several times a year when I had my shop.
X2 and this could be made on someone's lunch hour, well maybe just a tad longer but a table top is super easy to do.
Tunce the traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 11:40 AM   #8

I know I can make one, I just wanted it to be as close as possible to stock. Plus, I don't know if it would be easy to find the folding legs at the same height needed. Thanks for all the input though.
Old 01-29-2015, 11:45 AM   #9

For the folding legs you might try eBay. You might also think about a different color to just give that area a little PoP! These TT aren't known for getting any awards for decorating.
Tunce the traveler is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
direct, jayco, parts