Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

View Poll Results: Pulse of the forum poll
I am happy with the way our forum is run by the staff 459 88.27%
I wish there was less moderation 9 1.73%
I wish there was stricter moderation 2 0.38%
I wish I could troll, flame, and argue like on other forums 2 0.38%
New members are treated well and made to feel welcome 263 50.58%
New members are not treated well or made to feel welcome 6 1.15%
This is the best forum I have experienced 147 28.27%
This is the worse forum I have experienced 0 0%
This forum is OK, but nothing special 24 4.62%
I have suggestions for changes (reply in thread) 5 0.96%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 520. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-07-2016, 04:10 PM   #81

This is also my favorite forum among all the RV and Technology (my profession) forum I haunt.

I don't mind the quick shut down of any topic where the language/mood starts getting heated. There are plenty of forums on the net where you can discuss those topics and get as heated as you wish.

My complaints are the same as I have on every other forum I've ever been on.

1) Newbies don't ever seem to find the search function or the Sticky Posts - so they ask the same questions over and over and over and o - you get the idea.

2) People make "authoritative" posts about subjects that they really have no knowledge of.

3) The volume of new posts has gotten so high that even though I check in here every few days I always feel like I'm missing things :-). I guess it's a good thing the Forum is so active - but still. That's why I'm really not a big fan of "forum games" like keep a word, change a word. They can be good in slow or dead forums to get people posting - but we don't have that problem here.

Of course, I'VE never been guilty of #1 or #2.

I also love the Tap-a-talk app, although I know its totally 3rd party, it's a nice thing to have for any forum based on vBulliten software and I never discovered it before I joined here.
Ford 2016 F150 Lariat, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost
Max Tow Pkg, 36gal tank
Reese Sidewinder and Reese Titan 16k hitch
BuddyRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2016, 05:10 PM   #82
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuddyRay View Post
This is also my favorite forum among all the RV and Technology (my profession) forum I haunt.

I don't mind the quick shut down of any topic where the language/mood starts getting heated. There are plenty of forums on the net where you can discuss those topics and get as heated as you wish.

My complaints are the same as I have on every other forum I've ever been on.

1) Newbies don't ever seem to find the search function or the Sticky Posts - so they ask the same questions over and over and over and o - you get the idea.

2) People make "authoritative" posts about subjects that they really have no knowledge of.

3) The volume of new posts has gotten so high that even though I check in here every few days I always feel like I'm missing things :-). I guess it's a good thing the Forum is so active - but still. That's why I'm really not a big fan of "forum games" like keep a word, change a word. They can be good in slow or dead forums to get people posting - but we don't have that problem here.

Of course, I'VE never been guilty of #1 or #2.

I also love the Tap-a-talk app, although I know its totally 3rd party, it's a nice thing to have for any forum based on vBulliten software and I never discovered it before I joined here.

To remove undesired threads from the active new posts click on the thread in question, click on ''thread tools'' and click on ''ignore thread", and these will no longer show and clutter your page. The game threads and other campfire chat threads are enjoyed by many members so they remain. Dead forums are dead, weather they have game threads or not and only get a few posts a week or month. I am yet to see a RV forum quite like this one, and that`s what draws the posting action!

This has come up before and here is a discussion about it

http://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f2...ool-33122.html
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 06:55 PM   #83
Site Team

Check the pulse......
Old 09-27-2017, 01:52 PM   #84
Site Team

How is the pulse 3+ years later?
Old 09-27-2017, 02:49 PM   #85

Kinda grumpy.
Just my opinion.
Vaquero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 03:20 PM   #86

Still my second most favorite forum. If you ever update your software, take a look at XenForo. Much prefer the features of that platform over the vBulletin; much easier to use IMO. Might even make my #1 with better software.

Aside from software frustrations, the people and mods here are the best.
bankr63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 03:42 PM   #87
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaquero View Post
Kinda grumpy.
Just my opinion.
Who in particular? Mods, members, all the above?
Old 09-27-2017, 04:03 PM   #88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crabman View Post
Who in particular? Mods, members, all the above?
All of us.
Our most popular threads are about what we don't like.

Hard to "chill out" these days I reckon.
Vaquero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 04:36 PM   #89

This is tied with another "all brands" page for the best. I was on the FROG site for a long time and still visit just to see what's happening. But now a Jayco owner for a year, I frequent this site first when looking at RV stuff... Great site. Pulse strong from this end.

Jack
Old 05-03-2018, 04:44 PM   #90

Really liking the forum! Wish it were possible to make minor edits to posts. Those spelling errors are embarrassing, just not embarrassing enough to bother a moderator by asking to have them fixed. I see the poll is a few years old, maybe it's time to update the editing policy to account for old eyes looking at small phones with less than ideal "auto-correct".
Old 05-03-2018, 06:51 PM   #91
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilDoer View Post
Really liking the forum! Wish it were possible to make minor edits to posts. Those spelling errors are embarrassing, just not embarrassing enough to bother a moderator by asking to have them fixed. I see the poll is a few years old, maybe it's time to update the editing policy to account for old eyes looking at small phones with less than ideal "auto-correct".
You can edit a poll during a two hour window after posting.
Old 09-28-2018, 02:59 PM   #92

I frequent three different forums for sailboats, one for motorcycles, one for guitars, and two for travel trailers. There is no matching a couple of the sailboat forums for technical expertise, as they are worldwide, and sailboats are, in my opinion, more complex than trailers. But, I would say this forum holds a slight edge over my favorite sailing forums for friendliness and good moderation, and still delivers on the technical stuff.

I'm very happy with this forum, and wouldn't change a thing.
Siamese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 04:16 PM   #93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siamese View Post
I frequent three different forums for sailboats, one for motorcycles, one for guitars, and two for travel trailers. There is no matching a couple of the sailboat forums for technical expertise, as they are worldwide, and sailboats are, in my opinion, more complex than trailers. But, I would say this forum holds a slight edge over my favorite sailing forums for friendliness and good moderation, and still delivers on the technical stuff.

I'm very happy with this forum, and wouldn't change a thing.
X2. I’m also on at least two sailboat (Catalina) forums and a Ford PSD forum. JOF is best by far.
😁 "If a man says he’ll fix something, he will. There’s no need to remind him every 6 months.
LuckyDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 06:45 PM   #94

Since we are now presented with ALL of the polls once again... Why can't we change our Vote?
07 Toyota FJC & Yamaha Kodiak 400 ATV

SloPoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 06:53 PM   #95
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by SloPoke View Post
Since we are now presented with ALL of the polls once again... Why can't we change our Vote?
It's for the benefit of our newer members. Remember we get new ones everyday. The only way everyone could vote again would be a brand new poll. However if you have a new praise or peeve you can post that in the replies.
Old 04-21-2020, 10:33 PM   #96
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by SloPoke View Post
Because once you cast your vote in an election, it's gospel. While I realize that our polls are more akin to a survey than an election, any survey I've ever taken, once you mail, email, hit the submit key, hang-up the phone or whatever, you're done. Nothing can be changed after that point..

However, if you feel that strongly about changing your choice, I can make it happen, but I'll need some help. You'll have to send me a Private Message (PM) and provide me with the description in the poll that you originally chose and the description of the choice you now want.

When I receive your PM I'll adjust the poll so the total counts will be one less in your original choice and one more in the new.

Frank (FPM III)
JOF Moderator

TV: 2009 GMC Sierra 2500HD | Crew Cab | Std. Box | 4WD | Duramax/Allison
RV: 2000 Jayco Eagle 266 | FBS | TT
PREVIOUS: 1986 Coleman Laramie pop-up -- Still in the family!!!

FPM III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2020, 07:54 AM   #97

Pretty good place on all counts. Most everyone here gets along but I admit after all these years I do have one I block the posts. I'm on a flying forum, a tractor , 2 other rv forums and a forum about my former occupation of hvac. I was on another rv forum for a few weeks starting this year. Won't mention the name but those escapers really look down thier noses if your not full time, imho.
poohbear is offline   Reply With Quote