Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-03-2014, 01:44 PM   #21

nice post. checking mine tonight. thanks
Sold 1999 Durango
fmichaels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 02:31 PM   #22

Please let us know the outcome. Good luck.
cma7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 07:51 AM   #23

All of my tent to wall attachments checked out good but I can see this is a good end of season check in that these points appear to be stressed in some cases. Thanks for the find. I added it to my closing process.
Sold 1999 Durango
fmichaels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 08:17 AM   #24

My 19H is at the dealer right now getting the front tent end replaced. I had posted about my leak issues and low & behold they said the canvas wasn't installed properly.
As a side note, it is at a dealer that I did not purchase it from but they have been good to work with so far (much better than the dealer I purchased from) and said this is all covered under warranty.
Old 11-10-2014, 05:40 PM   #25

I picked up my X17Z today from the dealer. They did the repair, and it was repaired with washers and flat pan head screws and some silicone caulk. I'm concerned about the repair because when the tent end is closed, the washers and flat pan head screws appear to be rubbing against the tent material. IMHO over time that is going to cause wear on the tent material. I found it odd also that I did not sign or receive a copy of the warranty work. I have a 5 year warranty on the tent material, not sure if faulty repair work damaging the tent material would be covered. I really don't want to take it back to that Jayco dealer. When I bought the X17Z new they installed my Reese dual cam WDH improperly, and had to take it to another hitch shop to have it installed properly. Any thought or previous experience would be greatly appreciated.
ProEFX Tow Mirrors
Curtis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 07:08 AM   #26

I'd take it back to the same dealer, and show them their work that you are concerned about. If they state that the work is fine, get that in writing; this way if it does fail as you fear it may, you should be covered again.

Otherwise, you'd have to locate another Jayco dealer in your area, and start again; they may not want to touch someone elses work, especially if it was done under warranty coverage.

2005 Jayco GreyHawk Class C
2007 Ford F150
bucko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 01:42 PM   #27

This morning I sent an email to Jayco customer service. I detailed the repair in writing with my concerns of the tent material failing because the sharp edges of the washer and flat head screws coming in contact with the tent material. I included before and after photos also. I also included in the email that I do not wish for the repair dealer to repair it again. I prefer to take it elsewhere. I received a conformation email from Jayco saying they will do some research and look at the photos of the repair work. One thing I have learned in life is . . . . If you don't document it, it didn't happen. So I guess if they say it was fixed right and down the road the tent end is damaged, I can say " I told you so " . I have high hope that they will do the right thing and repair it correctly.
ProEFX Tow Mirrors
Curtis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 03:17 PM   #28

I agree with your documenting any and all issues pertaining to repairs or service. As we learn from the TV court shows, "get it in writing" has become the norm to protect ourselves.

Hopefully Jayco customer service will advise you of another close by dealership that can handle this issue.

I'd expect though that they will be contacting the dealer that did the work, and they in turn will be contacting you to "make things right".

You should have the option hopefully though to decide who completes the repair.

2005 Jayco GreyHawk Class C
2007 Ford F150
bucko is offline   Reply With Quote