Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-08-2014, 12:44 PM   #21

Joe, I think you probably made the best comment with "makes no sense". We are all in our own little DISCOVERY land.............gotta laugh about it though.
Be sure a start a new thread when you pu your UP.
Merry Christmas!!
'13 Wrangler Sahara...AKAFUN
Roadmaster base plate
Ready Brute Elite towbar and brake combo
D&MAKAFUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2014, 10:01 AM   #22

just got back from a dealership.....

I had the problem I assume everybody has had when they purchase a Jayco Precept without a roof mounted satelite antenna, and not being able to hook up their portable satelite antenna system. The problem lies in trying to find out where Jayco placed the junction box. I called & e-mailed them numerous times with no luck. My connections are placed behind the back tv in the bedroom. The tv tilts up and the hook ups are there. The other problem is installing the satelite receiver behind the bedroom tv and not being able to use the reciever with the remote as it is blocked by the tv. I took my 2015 Precept 31 to a Jayco dealer and they had to do lots of rewiring and adding.
They added a spliter box so I could use all three tv,s independently of each other either on satelite tv or air antenna. They also added a device that can be purchased at Amazon called Next Generation remote control extender, which allows you to use the satelite tv remote when the receiver is not in range. It operates each tv by pointing it at the tv. The technician at this Dealer told me several times that Jayco basically delivers their units pre-preped but not satelite ready. Therefore you need to complete the installation yourself on your dime. Makes no sense to me but either does the other fact that the air pressure valve on the rear outside tire has no access to check tire pressure or add air. This is the way Jayco spreads the wealth after you purchase a new Precept Motorhome.
ccsabathia is offline   Reply With Quote