Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-17-2014, 03:58 PM   #1

Problems with X213

Trailers are a love hate relationship. I used to have a big 31' trailer but hated dealing with it, sold it off. Kids are older went to a Jayco pop up and realized how much i love camping. Sold it after 4 months and went with the Jayco X213 when i saw it. Love the floor plan. First trip out, propane leak, no big deal, came back from trip and went hour drive to the dealer and they released all the pigtails while i waited, good experience. Second trip out, used the bath top to run a bath first time for washing off kids feet. Glad we did not use much water. After we were done, kids point out water on the floor. I realize water is coming from the area under neath the bath top. I open the wood access panel under neath to the left of the door. Low and Behold there is half a gallon of water on the floor. It seems because we never had a leak before that it has to do with the drain line, when we drained the tub of the little bit of water. I cannot see how they can possible get in this area to fix it without pulling out the whole tub. Thinking of a 25 grand trailer on the second part being ripped apart is driving me crazy. You would think critical stuff like this would have been double checked by the manufacture. We will see. I am so paranoid about water in the trailer and ruining it, having all this water on the floor and coming in contact with all of the wood in the area and rolling around to under neath the sink area is like a nightmare for me.
roadrash3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 10:20 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrash3 View Post
Trailers are a love hate relationship. I used to have a big 31' trailer but hated dealing with it, sold it off. Kids are older went to a Jayco pop up and realized how much i love camping. Sold it after 4 months and went with the Jayco X213 when i saw it. Love the floor plan. First trip out, propane leak, no big deal, came back from trip and went hour drive to the dealer and they released all the pigtails while i waited, good experience. Second trip out, used the bath top to run a bath first time for washing off kids feet. Glad we did not use much water. After we were done, kids point out water on the floor. I realize water is coming from the area under neath the bath top. I open the wood access panel under neath to the left of the door. Low and Behold there is half a gallon of water on the floor. It seems because we never had a leak before that it has to do with the drain line, when we drained the tub of the little bit of water. I cannot see how they can possible get in this area to fix it without pulling out the whole tub. Thinking of a 25 grand trailer on the second part being ripped apart is driving me crazy. You would think critical stuff like this would have been double checked by the manufacture. We will see. I am so paranoid about water in the trailer and ruining it, having all this water on the floor and coming in contact with all of the wood in the area and rolling around to under neath the sink area is like a nightmare for me.
Sorry to hear that, I would be po'd too if that happened to me....I have never used the tub since we dry camp. We use the outside shower to rinse off the grand kids feet. I will have to fill it up to check mine out.
Old 08-18-2014, 11:30 PM   #3

Knock on wood, mine was okay...has the dealer looked at yours yet?
Old 08-19-2014, 07:47 PM   #4

No they would not let me drop it off on sunday cause service was closed, so it is going to go in this saturday, i will let everyone know the outcome
Old 08-24-2014, 01:36 AM   #5

That stinks! Looking forward to hearing the out come. We love our 2012 X213 and I am super paranoid about water / leaks as we live on the wet, errrr, I mean West Coast..
Jesto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 02:29 PM   #6

There is a plumbing connection that you can easily screws into the bottom of the bathtub drain. It is hand tight. I expect that yours has become loose.

In our trailer it is behind the wood paneling (underneath the bed) separating the bedroom from the bath. Just a couple of screws and panel is pulled out. You can reach it easily.

Ours came loose on a recent trip and it is a quick fix.
muelldawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 08:44 PM   #7

My access panel is in the kitchen area. I checked the pipes i could reach, but it is coming from a connection farther back that i can't reach. The service writer seemed like it was no big deal and mentioned the Ptrap for the tub, i did not even see a ptrap, the drain goes straight back to where i can't see it anymore . I asked how someone would reach it or how much of the bathroom is going to have to be torn apart. He said they just use a tech with really small hands. I am nervous.
Old 08-29-2014, 09:58 PM   #8

I am going to pick up the trailer next week when i get off work, shop says it was the ptrap was loose, i did not even see a ptrap, under the tub, i will have to look again. Seems likes no big deal and they told me water was no big deal, only time will tell.
Old 08-30-2014, 07:57 AM   #9

IF you have ever been inside the trailesr when being pulled down the roads will make you wonder how anything stays connected. It is a not a good peaceful ride back there.

Roy Ken
RETIRED DOD DOAF DON CONTRACTOR Electronics Tech 42YRS

"We're burning daylight" - John Wayne
2008 STARCRAFT 14RT OFF-ROAD POPUP with PD9260C and three 85AH 12VDC batteries
2010 F150 FX4 5.4 GAS with 3.73 gears - Super Cab - Towing Package - 2KW Honda EU2000i Gen
K9PHT (since 1957) 146.52Mhz
"We always have a PLAN B"
RoyBraddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 08:41 PM   #10

Well, i got the trailer back from the dealer. They said that the Ptrap under the sink was not secure to anything and had come loose. The water i saw they believed was coming from the sink (It is all open under there)and not the tub. They even watched as i filled the tub up and drained it before i left and sure enough no leaks. They did a good job and used a mounting bracket and resecured the Ptrap from the sink to the trailer wall. No big deal like they said. However, i got home and there is a two 3" cracks in the fiberglass on the front of my trailer. Wondering if somthing hit it on the way home. Oh well things happen.
Old 08-31-2014, 08:50 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrash3 View Post
Well, i got the trailer back from the dealer. They said that the Ptrap under the sink was not secure to anything and had come loose. The water i saw they believed was coming from the sink (It is all open under there)and not the tub. They even watched as i filled the tub up and drained it before i left and sure enough no leaks. They did a good job and used a mounting bracket and resecured the Ptrap from the sink to the trailer wall. No big deal like they said. However, i got home and there is a two 3" cracks in the fiberglass on the front of my trailer. Wondering if somthing hit it on the way home. Oh well things happen.
What? Cracks in the fiberglass? If your paranoid about water leaks....you better get those cracks fixed ASAP. Any water gets into the fiberglass, you'll have delamination issues in no time.
HD Trailering Package with Integrated Brake Controller

Camping Couple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 10:42 AM   #12

To me they look like cracks, to my wife she says they look like cuts, they are about 3-4 inches in length two of them. They do not appear to be deep, but they are on the very front of the trailer next to the decals. The water issue was in the bathroom nowhere near the area. I do not think they are deep enough to get water in them. I will have to keep an eye on it and get it taken care of though for sure
Old 09-01-2014, 01:09 PM   #13

Not sure wether you left the camper with them to work on but i have seen dealers move campers around with a forklift from the front . Not accusing just stateing fact just my two
2006 JAYCO JAY FEATHER 23B EXP
EQUILIZER HITCH
Kellys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 01:21 PM   #14

Yes, they move their campers with a fork lift that has a ball on the front. This is way to high though for them to have done that. Plus my trailer sloops to the top, its not somthing even a car would hit, it looks almost like a box cutter mark would make, but could be somthing hitting it on the road. It makes me nervous cause that is the side that sits and has the sun hit on the front of it the most. But don't think a few months of the sun would cause that. I will have to post some pictures.
Old 10-13-2018, 09:17 AM   #15

X213 feather

So we have been full timing for about 4.5 months now in our jay flight 174BH, we’re a family of 5 plus a small fur baby. We are really wanting to upgrade to the feather x213. Would like what people have felt about theirs looking for pros and cons. I guess. Thank you!!
GinaVelarde is offline   Reply With Quote