Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-11-2014, 09:12 PM   #21

We had some water in the cabinet under the sink in our 2013 Eagle. I think it got there when I filled the water tanks. The clamp that holds the fill hose to the filler port on the outside of the camper was loose.

2016 Jayco Eagle HT 29.5 FBDS w/ 15,000 BTU AC, 50 amp service, upgraded counter top, thermal pane windows, elec. stab jacks, outside grill, backup camera and MORryde pin box.
2011 GMC 2500HD DURAMAX/ ALLISON
Tail_gunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 10:32 PM   #22

That's exactly our problem Clutch, it's maddening. It will look as if it's solved then it reappears? I have no idea where this water comes from and neither do about 5 RV mechanics.

The Titanic was built by professionals, the Ark by amateurs?..
Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 05:47 AM   #23

Joe Crossthread might have been your installer...
93/2020,157/2019219/2018 206/2017,215/2016, 211/2015, 196/14, 247/13, 193/12

Seann45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 06:45 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seann45 View Post
Joe Crossthread might have been your installer...
Since we all have Jayco's there's a good chance he worked on all our TT's.

2013 F-350 CC SB 2WD 6.7PS
2013 Eagle Premier 351 RLTS
-SOLD- 2012 X23B
-SOLD- 2003 Ford Expedition 5.4, Bilstein shocks
RedHorse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 08:38 AM   #25

Unhappy leaky under sink

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnocnem View Post
Have any of you had problems with leaks under the kitchen sink of your Jayco RV? My 2011 Jayco Jayfeather G2 travel trailer has leaked under the kitchen since we purchased it new that year. Complaints to Jayco resulted in us being told no one else has complained of that problem. We have tried multiple fixes without success. We are preparing to replace all of the plumbing to sink. It is hard to believe no one else has had this problem!
I'm having a problem with a leaky under the kitchen cabinets, just the floor is showing water, nothing in the cabinets. any suggestions?
bigdogjc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 06:02 PM   #26

I've experienced all the mentioned failures with our trailer. Leaky faucet, leaky p-trap, leaky house connection, leaky drain basket flange... I've had to learn to contort myself into the space under the cabinet five different ways, most while on vacation. lack of attention to detail, and only taking the time to do it quickly rather than right seems to be common in the RV industry, regardless of make.
gijoecam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2020, 08:55 AM   #27

Leak under the sink - 32' 2018 Jayco Precept

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnocnem View Post
Have any of you had problems with leaks under the kitchen sink of your Jayco RV? My 2011 Jayco Jayfeather G2 travel trailer has leaked under the kitchen since we purchased it new that year. Complaints to Jayco resulted in us being told no one else has complained of that problem. We have tried multiple fixes without success. We are preparing to replace all of the plumbing to sink. It is hard to believe no one else has had this problem!
Yes, we have the exact same issue with the sink drain plumbing and it happened on a recent camping trip. Once I figured out that the best way to see what's going on under the sink was to remove the side three drawers, I found that the black drain piping had dropped out of the coupling that the sink tailpipe goes into. I'm going to attempt to re-glue it from the side-drawer openings, however, if I cannot gain the proper access to the drainpipe, I'll use my multi-cutter saw to remove the board from the cabinet front. I'll keep you posted on my progress here.
mikep-sc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2020, 11:59 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikep-sc View Post
Yes, we have the exact same issue with the sink drain plumbing and it happened on a recent camping trip. Once I figured out that the best way to see what's going on under the sink was to remove the side three drawers, I found that the black drain piping had dropped out of the coupling that the sink tailpipe goes into. I'm going to attempt to re-glue it from the side-drawer openings, however, if I cannot gain the proper access to the drainpipe, I'll use my multi-cutter saw to remove the board from the cabinet front. I'll keep you posted on my progress here.
I had a leak under my bathroom sink. It did just happened randomly. My favorite trick to find random leaks is to use a little toilet paper. When it gets wet it wrinkles, and when it dries you can tell it was wet. I placed a few squares all over the place. Some taped around the pipe to determine if it was running along a horizontal section. Wrapped around fittings. Nothing, still the shelf under the sink would have a small puddle. I could not find the source. Dealership was good to work with, but they struggled at finding it too. It took three trips to the dealership (they have fast turn around). Honestly, I do not know what the dealership did to fix it in the long run. I suspect the issue was a poor glue job on a drain pipe. I also wonder if the sink had a crack. Don't know, I should have asked.

TP is a great way to find annoying water leaks.

Good luck, let us know what you find.

Good Luck.

2012 Jayco X23B
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (sold)
Equal-I-zer 4-Point Sway Control
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2022, 08:55 PM   #29

I have 22 NP 377RLBH and I’m not very happy with it. It’s been one thing after another and it’s a month old. It’s been moved a total of 7.3 miles since we got it on January 3. This is our first RV and we told them that and they made it sound like we would get some help when it got delivered. Nope. The driver forgot to bring the keys to our rig and half a day later the keys came and we look to see if generator was in there and nope. Yest I noticed My slides are sagging already because I can see where fasteners were and they are 1/2” or so lower. Tonight I just notice the drawer under the sink is warped from what looks like a leak in kitchen sink. I’m about to check it out but I just got home from work. We have sent emails and callld dealer and haven’t gotten anything. Sale part of it went great and salesman was extremely helpful. Idk what to do. It’s quite frustrating because this whole month has been a **** show. On top of that idk what I should touch and what I shouldn’t. I’m pretty handy and can fix all my own machines for the most part. I have to run a business and try to stay afloat as welll so I haven’t had hours to spend playing phone tag. I’m too busy as it is and now I have to worry about what’s gonna happen next
Jdoss200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2022, 07:39 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdoss200 View Post
I have 22 NP 377RLBH and I’m not very happy with it. It’s been one thing after another and it’s a month old. It’s been moved a total of 7.3 miles since we got it on January 3. This is our first RV and we told them that and they made it sound like we would get some help when it got delivered. Nope. The driver forgot to bring the keys to our rig and half a day later the keys came and we look to see if generator was in there and nope. Yest I noticed My slides are sagging already because I can see where fasteners were and they are 1/2” or so lower. Tonight I just notice the drawer under the sink is warped from what looks like a leak in kitchen sink. I’m about to check it out but I just got home from work. We have sent emails and callld dealer and haven’t gotten anything. Sale part of it went great and salesman was extremely helpful. Idk what to do. It’s quite frustrating because this whole month has been a **** show. On top of that idk what I should touch and what I shouldn’t. I’m pretty handy and can fix all my own machines for the most part. I have to run a business and try to stay afloat as welll so I haven’t had hours to spend playing phone tag. I’m too busy as it is and now I have to worry about what’s gonna happen next
Your story is too familiar. Before and during the sale you're treated like royalty. After the sale you get excuses.

You will probably end up making your own repairs at your own expense. And that's a good thing if do a better job than "they" would. You shouldn't have to, but the whole repair process is so screwed up I don't expect it to change in my lifetime.

I described the purchase on an RV as "a roll of the dice" in a previous thread. I would like to change that to "an expensive roll of the dice".
OnTheGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2022, 08:00 AM   #31

I have started to notice that my experience is not anything new. Hopefully I can get help from Jayco or my dealer. We also have the “10 year bumper to bumper tow vehicle and rv” extended warranty and gap insurance. I’m pretty sure it’s true RV complete. I’m wondering if I should make a claim through that
Jdoss200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2022, 10:13 AM   #32

We started seeing small puddle of water on floor when we would run the slide out (kitchen sink is on the counter of slide (2018 Octane T30F) between kitchen & living area. We bought the camper in 2020 from a couple who only took it out 4 - 5 times. So all was in very good shape, but no warranty since we were not original buyer. Slide always came in & one side would stall for a sec for the last inch or two, previous owners said this is how it always worked from day one (remember this). When I happened to look the other day behind the wood panel separator under the sink (placed to allow you to store items in front, leave open behind for water & drain lines to move with slide) I found where the wife had placed a new paper towel roll back there a trip or two ago. Needless to say, it looked like it was placed in a compactor. This though lead me to look into the plumbing routing with slide in & out. With slide out all looked good. But with slide in found the following: 1) The sink drain where it joins the floor was installed so that the 2" flex line is kinked & crushed almost flat when slide all the way in (explains the slide stalling last 2" of closing as that is when it contacts). 2) The 1/2" water lines were routed under the drain line causing them to be trapped & kinked (folded all the way back on itself) when slide closed.
I had to replace the 2" flex drain line & lower sections of both 1/2" water lines from floor joint to "T" connection near the counter height with what I could find locally. I also added a 90 deg elbow to the existing 2" drain floor joint so that the new attached flex drain line is now clear of the "crush zone". I also routed the water lines so they move freely now. Slide now works as its supposed to. Supply & drain lines now rollup / out with no kinking, binding, rubbing.
AZMarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2022, 11:30 AM   #33

use shark bite fitting and pex pipe from Home Depot easy to use. little more pricey but great for water lines..
willystwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2022, 11:30 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheGo View Post
Your story is too familiar. Before and during the sale you're treated like royalty. After the sale you get excuses.

You will probably end up making your own repairs at your own expense. And that's a good thing if do a better job than "they" would. You shouldn't have to, but the whole repair process is so screwed up I don't expect it to change in my lifetime.

I described the purchase on an RV as "a roll of the dice" in a previous thread. I would like to change that to "an expensive roll of the dice".
This is where I am at in the saga. I realized that no one is going to help me. I'm making my own repairs. I am skipping fixing "warranty" parts and going straight to upgrades when things break. But now so many large problems have happened I'm starting to look into lemon laws.
fnlvr234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2022, 11:32 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdoss200 View Post
I have started to notice that my experience is not anything new. Hopefully I can get help from Jayco or my dealer. We also have the “10 year bumper to bumper tow vehicle and rv” extended warranty and gap insurance. I’m pretty sure it’s true RV complete. I’m wondering if I should make a claim through that
The worst that can happen is they say no! Why not try!
fnlvr234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2022, 03:29 PM   #36

We had water coming out on the floor from under the kitchen sink.. Turned out it was the 12v pump's collector that wasn't tightened. I untightened it cleaned the screen, and put it back on hand tight - no more leaky.
margareedaville is offline   Reply With Quote