Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-11-2014, 05:09 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper_bob View Post
I would have thought only law enforcement would be able to do that, and only as a result of some kind of citation.

Weird...
Technically speaking, its not law enforcement that enforces points. The department of motor vehicles determines and assesses points based upon information received from the court after a case is adjudicated.

Either way, I'm not sure I understand how the insurance company can influence points on a license...
spoon059 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 10:13 PM   #22

[QUOTE
My trailer has the Alpha systems TPO roof membrane with no backing. I wonder why Jayco changed to the Diflex for 2015 maybe problems,or costs ?[/QUOTE]

My guess is that the bean counters found a cheaper way to get by for a few years until the warranty is expired. Usually when changes are made you end up with something not as good as before.
Life in the slow lane is still life.
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 06:12 PM   #23

What's on my 2014 Greyhawk?
thecampingcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 08:29 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoon059 View Post
Technically speaking, its not law enforcement that enforces points. The department of motor vehicles determines and assesses points based upon information received from the court after a case is adjudicated.

Either way, I'm not sure I understand how the insurance company can influence points on a license...
I found out from the insurance company that when they file a claim then that info gets sent to a nationwide agency that forms a clue report and all the insurance companies check the clue report for accidents /claims and they apply pts from that report. Its kind of like getting your credit checked .
Old 09-18-2014, 08:31 PM   #25

I got word from the insurance company that they approved the claim and the dealer has started the work . They estimate it should be finished by the end of next week with a new EPDM roof.
Old 09-22-2014, 08:24 AM   #26

Are they replacing the wood decking underneath the rubber material as well?
SkyBound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 11:57 AM   #27

No. The dealer said the decking looked good . Although I did ask if Jayco had put any thing over the seams of the decking to protect the roof material and they said no but they would put something over the seams and the outer edge before installing the new roof material.
Old 08-26-2016, 03:33 PM   #28

I believe epdmbut i recently just had it resurfaced by RV Armor
Old 08-26-2016, 05:41 PM   #29

2014 Greyhawk roof material

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecampingcat View Post
What's on my 2014 Greyhawk?
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecampingcat View Post
I believe epdm but I recently just had it resurfaced by RV Armor
According to Jayco's records for our VIN, our 2014 Greyhawk 31FK has an Alpha Ply roof. That fits what I see on the roof as it has the orange peel textured surface which is an Alpha Ply characteristic.

I called Alpha Systems today with some questions and learned:
  • It is a TPO roof.
  • Has a 12-year warranty to the original owner.
  • Any household cleaner is okay. She specifically mentioned Dawn.
  • Alpha Systems Super Flex self-leveling and no-sag sealants recommended.
  • Can also use Dicor 501 lap sealant without problem.
  • Does not require any type of treatment or UV protectant.

I feel much better knowing what is on top and what I need to do to care for it. Apparently Jayco has switched roof membrane materials frequently over the years. Given that, I wish they would have put a sticker inside a cabinet door or a note in the documentation included with each unit stating plainly what is on the roof. That would have been much appreciated.

2014 Greyhawk 31FK
2007 Honda Shadow Sabre 1100cc
NC Roamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 06:23 PM   #30

Yes you sre right i misspoke. I had similar conversation with alpha. I am in lakr George rv park and smiled at the sound of rain on my roof... rV armor complere resurface.. lifetime transferable guarantee.. really impressed and no need to dicor, uv protect yada yada yada ever 3 grand..
Old 08-27-2016, 04:00 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo-power View Post
No. The dealer said the decking looked good . Although I did ask if Jayco had put any thing over the seams of the decking to protect the roof material and they said no but they would put something over the seams and the outer edge before installing the new roof material.
If I had an insurance check to cover the roof repair I wouldn't install ANY rubber roof when there are other much better options. My 5 year old Alpha Systems roof material was failing by allowing water to leak through the material. Alpha's offer from their 12 year warranty was $227.00. What a joke.

I had to pay for a new roof, but will NEVER EVER own a rubber roof again regardless of manufacturer. I had my roof replaced by rvroof.com. Close to the same price as rubber and lifetime guarantee on the rig regardless of who owns it. And my dealer quoted a month to do the work, rvroof did it in 2 1/2 days.

Check my previous posts for a lot more detail, but no more caulking for me EVER!

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS, Cummins/Onan RV QG 5500 EVAP, Progressive Industries EMS-PT50X, TST Systems 507 TPMS, RV Flex Armor Roof
edatlanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 08:45 AM   #32

You did good. Similar to me. Most worry fir good reason with any rv owner is not being absolutely sure there is no water infiltration. As happy as i am with my Greyhawk..and i am very happy with it. My roof was a glorified shower curtain with caulking..not any more...Rv armor..even mildew is afraid to form on it. The material stretches it is 100 percent impenetrable..and always will be with absolutely no maintenance required
.ever...by anyone..unless for some reason i wanted to clean it...but. It would never ever be mold that i was cleaning...also bring on desert full sun indefinitely..and i would only smile at the thought of it. If you don't believe me.. check it out for yourself...RV Armor...nough said..
Old 08-27-2016, 08:48 AM   #33

Not a single drop of water will ever make its way into my roof from anywhere on the top of my rig...anywhere!...ever...i have as much confidence in this as i do in my ability to burn a hotdog...lol
Old 08-27-2016, 08:59 AM   #34

That includes my weingart antenna, the flanges around my airconditioner and vents..the corners the long seam at tge front cap ladder, only lightning, a tree branch. Or a twelve year old with a pitchfork , even blueberry stains wiuld come off easily with a little simple green..
Old 08-27-2016, 09:04 AM   #35

Even where the shower curtain tucks in along the entire length of rig by the gutters are impenetrable..even with age, vibration. Sun, no chalking no nonsense... it is a...i laugh at the thought of people actually doing roof inspections of shower curtains and self leveling puddy nonesense....