Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-30-2015, 04:29 PM   #1

Lynx stop n' chock

I'm looking at some feedback from peoples that are using them. The way I look at them they are good to avoid the overshooting of the leveler but I cant see how you can put one at the front of the wheel,( assuming you were backing up ) looks like there is place for one but not for both, am I right ?

Or if you can put the second one it wont be tight against the tire

Ford F 150 Ecoboost Tow Max 3.73 2014

Equalizer hitch 1000/10000
homer1959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 05:02 PM   #2

I was looking at these also. Some feed back would be great. I just bought the lynx block toppers so i have a smooth top.

2011 Ranger Sport
brianca2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 05:57 AM   #3

I have the Lock N Stop vs. Lynx system, but should be the same principle. Once on the blocks and against the first chock I'll add additional block(s) to create a level surface for the second chock to sit on. While it's ideal to lock the second chock into the blocks, I generally don't as I learned the hard way that if it's a really tight fit you'll have a miserable time getting it back out
robkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 07:35 AM   #4

Rob, thanks for the feedback, my understanding is that you are always blocking the trailer only one way ? If so the trailer never moved let say forward or backward ? I'm not sure to have that courage

I would like to hear more about Lock n stop, Im asking because google return no resut , thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by robkelly View Post
I have the Lock N Stop vs. Lynx system, but should be the same principle. Once on the blocks and against the first chock I'll add additional block(s) to create a level surface for the second chock to sit on. While it's ideal to lock the second chock into the blocks, I generally don't as I learned the hard way that if it's a really tight fit you'll have a miserable time getting it back out

Old 01-31-2015, 09:19 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by homer1959 View Post
Rob, thanks for the feedback, my understanding is that you are always blocking the trailer only one way ? If so the trailer never moved let say forward or backward ? I'm not sure to have that courage

I would like to hear more about Lock n stop, Im asking because google return no resut , thanks
I always block both ways. The first chock is locked into the blocks (either front or back depending on which way I'm moving onto the blocks). Once I'm on the blocks I'll put the second chock in, and also chock front/back on the other side. No way I'd only chock one way Always fully chocked before I unhitch too.

Got the Lock N Stop at CW - may be made by Camco, but not positive.
robkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 09:47 AM   #6

Quote:
I always block both ways. The first chock is locked into the blocks (either front or back depending on which way I'm moving onto the blocks). Once I'm on the blocks I'll put the second chock in, and also chock front/back on the other side. No way I'd only chock one way Always fully chocked before I unhitch too.

Same here!
Old 01-31-2015, 10:45 AM   #7

Ok but excuse my ignorance but how can you have the second chock tight against the tire ?

I have 205 75 14 inches tires , let say you climb on the lynx and you roll back until you hit the rear lynx chock, now you will have to install the front one, and for doing so, and since its like lego block you will need to fit the chock into the hole built in the leveler, to do so either you will have to push hard against the back chock to free up the receiving hole for the front chock or you will have the front chock loose on the lynx leveler....can you understand what I am trying to say in frenchglish here ?

Quote:

Old 01-31-2015, 12:25 PM   #8

Quote:
Ok but excuse my ignorance but how can you have the second chock tight against the tire ?

I have 205 75 14 inches tires , let say you climb on the lynx and you roll back until you hit the rear lynx chock, now you will have to install the front one, and for doing so, and since its like lego block you will need to fit the chock into the hole built in the leveler, to do so either you will have to push hard against the back chock to free up the receiving hole for the front chock or you will have the front chock loose on the lynx leveler....can you understand what I am trying to say in frenchglish here ?
It works just right for my setup, when I back up to the chock I back up on it a little bit and the front one falls right in, then when it rolls off the rear chock it sets just right between the two chocks. When I go to remove them I just back up on the rear one a little bit and take the front one out, works just fine this way for me.
Old 01-31-2015, 12:44 PM   #9

Glad to ear that that will save me 70.00 since I wont have to buy the Bal Xchock...BTW what's you're tire size ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch Pin View Post
It works just right for my setup, when I back up to the chock I back up on it a little bit and the front one falls right in, then when it rolls off the rear chock it sets just right between the two chocks. When I go to remove them I just back up on the rear one a little bit and take the front one out, works just fine this way for me.

Old 01-31-2015, 02:38 PM   #10

Quote:
Glad to ear that that will save me 70.00 since I wont have to buy the Bal Xchock...BTW what's you're tire size ?
I still use the Bal X-chocks, you will still get movement on the other side where you don't have leveling blocks and chocks.
Old 01-31-2015, 11:44 PM   #11

The more I think about the more Ill get the extended X chock, they can also be seen has theft deterrent when locked with a padlock. If they really want the trailer they will get it but if the tire screetch a bit and if they make noise trying to go with it they may decide to forget about it ? What is 70 buck for some sort of parking brake