Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-28-2016, 01:03 PM   #1

New Eagle 318 RETS grey water level lights

Anyone having issues with grey water panel lights. Ours has not worked since we got our new camper. Blk water and other lights work fine.Took it back for service work after 1st trip out with list of little issues.....including the grey water panel did not work. They said they "messed" with it and got it working. BS. Still not working, so its back to shop and now they say it must have a short, because sometimes it works and sometimes not. ???? Not that big of a deal as long as we have full hookup.
tee-bone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 01:39 PM   #2

We have a similar problem where a fuse keeps blowing. Likely a short. But when I brought it back to the dealer he put in a fuse and it didn't blow. Something obviously shifted around. To their credit, they did remove the monitor panel, radio, and some other things on the circuit to see if they can find a lose wire. I guess at some point it will short again and we will then bring it back. I feel your pain
Equal i zer 10k w/sway control
Wife, Kid, Entlebucher
EV4D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 01:47 PM   #3

I'm going to recommend you find a clean level area and some opened up cardboard boxes (say from a full sized refrigerator) and slide under your camper.

Bring a flashlight.

If you don't have the glacier package, all of the tanks and wiring will be there to see. The grey and black tanks will be made from the same material, but the black tank is significantly smaller.

On the side of all 3 tanks will be 4 fine wires attached to brass screws arranged vertically. The bottom most screw is the common.

Check that all 12 wires are safely secured and that the harnesses are out of harm's way.

I would be willing to bet that you've got a bad common connection to the grey tank. Pinched wire ort poor connection. Look for irrational splices, dangling wire(s) or anything that is not smooth.

Sitting in The Cheap Seats.
And proud of it!
mike837go is offline   Reply With Quote