Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-20-2010, 07:55 PM   #1

Battery come with trailer?

I'll be picking up my new 2010 Jay Feather Sport 165 this week and was wondering if a trailer battery usually comes standard. I don't see one mentioned at the Jayco website as included with the trailer.

Does Jayco not supply batteries as standard? Is this common?

Thanks.
Ray364 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 09:13 PM   #2

Wow, good question but I'm pretty sure I remember looking at the Jay Flight G2's (which have more options than the regular Jay Flight) and being told that the battery comes with both trailers. We also bought another one to have two and they installed it for us. Pretty certain though that one battery is standard.
Denise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 08:21 AM   #3

When I bought my Jayco Eagle 325BHS in late summer 2007, I trade in an older 5th wheel and just before I put my pen to paper one of the mechanics came into the finance office to ask if I wanted the old battery put in or was I going to buy a new one. I looked at everyone in the room with a surprised look and told them point blank that if a new battery was not included then the deal was off. They told me that batteries are not standard issue with new sales. I promptly told them that it was now or I was walking. I got a new battery which had to be replaced after one year due to malfunction but was also replaced at no charge. Remember, you are in the drivers seat......
Albertaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 12:26 PM   #4

We have purchased one pop-up and three travel trailers from Crestview RV in Buda, Texas over the past few years and each of them came equipped with a battery and full propane tanks--there was no charge listed for them on the trailer invoices. The dealership also provided a starter kit with a sewer hose and a fresh water hose. When we bought the pop-up we requested a second propane bottle at no charge and the salesman provided it himself. We have always included a spare tire and spare tire rack as part of our trailer purchases and the dealership has provided a free spare tire cover. Oh, we have always refused to pay a separate fee for do***ent preparation inasmuch as we believe this is a cost the dealership should bear. We were prepared to walk away from our first purchase over the do***ent fee and the dealership understood that; it has not been an issue since then because the dealership knows our position on that item.

My suggestion is that you always negotiate hard for the trailer and accessories you want. The dealership needs you and your business more than you need the dealership and his/her products and services. This is especially true during this down economy. Although we negotiate hard we do so in a respectful manner and we enjoy a good relationship with our dealer.
Old 03-22-2010, 08:05 PM   #5

I have bought 2 rv's, one brand new pop-up(Jayco) and one used(my G2). The brand new pop-up did not come with a battery, but did come with a full tank of lp gas. The G2 came with a brand new battery at no charge to me and both 30 lb tanks full and a starter kit. I think it is up to the dealer whether or not to include these items.
2016 Palomino Columbus 385BH "No Worries II"
2011 F-250 Super Duty Lariat, 6.7L PSD "The Mistress"
B&W Companion slider
mach8274 is offline   Reply With Quote