Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-01-2014, 08:33 AM   #1

2015 Jayco 26BHS Floorplan

My wife and I have been looking closely at this floor plan and really seem to like it a lot. My question is does anyone here have this plan and if so how do you like it/what don't you like about it. We looked at this plan in a swift model and weren't a big fan of the swift line so now we are considering it in the Jayflight lineup with aluminum siding. Also if you don't mind sharing what kind of price were you able to get on it (PM is ok for that if you don't want it public. Thanks for any info you can provide.
Old 10-01-2014, 12:09 PM   #2

I don't know the policy on listing prices, but I can tell you that rvdirect.com gave me a quote (with pickup in Albany, NY) that was exactly 34% off the MSRP as listed on the Jayco website.

I really wanted this floorplan, but I am taller than 74" and the bed is only 74" long with a wall immediately at the bottom. I've had to change course and look at 28 and 29 foot models.

The Jayflight is only a couple thousand more than the SLX/Swift and has a TON more features and just feels more solid. At the Hershey show this year we looked at the Swift line, then the JayFlight line and the difference is very obvious. It is worth the price upgrade to me for what you can get.
spoon059 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 01:02 PM   #3

I got a quote from rv direct and it was definitely the lowest price I have seen but I also would have to drive to Iowa to pick it up. I would rather pay $2000 more to buy locally however I don't want to pay 35% more locally if you know what I mean.
Old 10-01-2014, 06:51 PM   #4

Ok, finally maybe I can help someone on here,....I looked on and off for 4 plus years for a camper, and have been a JOF member for over 2 years, before I purchased a 2015 Jayflight 26BHS in August. Many different models were considered!

I too, looked at the Swift model with this floorpan last year, but did not want to miss out on the Jayflight options, so as soon as I saw it available, I knew that's what we needed. This is my first RV, but I did TONS of research and reading here on JOF. I ordered mine with Fiberglass sidewalls, elite package, technology package, 15k A/C, aluminum rims, bumper mounted grill, and roof ladder. I did consider RV Direct, but ultimately, I went with my local dealer at around 27% off MSRP, and let me say, I do not regret this decision one bit. So far to date, I have not had 1 single problem with anything, and that included a 6 hour delivery and inspection. I crawled over everything! My dealer has been absolutely perfect through all aspects of ordering and delivery, so yes, I paid a little more than maybe some, but man, was it worth it!

The floor plan has worked very well for my family of 3 (me, wife and 9 year old), it's very roomy in the living area, plenty of storage for us. The queen bed as mentioned, is a little small, but does work for us. ( and I do find it very comfortable myself ). You may want to actually lay in one and see how it fits. I can see this being a potential problem for taller people. The swing around t.v. in the bedroom is great, but remember that you have to have the sliding doors closed to watch it in the bedroom (something I did not consider, but we work with it). The kitchen layout works great, large pantry, and decent sized counter. Bathroom and sink area are small, and took a little getting used to, but works very well. The bunks are great for my son, he loves the area, and can "close" it off for his own little area at night, I crawled in the lower myself, and it is a little tight, but comfy. It does not come with a bunk ladder, I had to purchase one extra.

All in all, this model has worked well for me, and I have been extremely happy with it overall. I do honestly believe though, that having a good dealer is what makes a huge difference. I know my camper probably had issues from the factory, as I have read on here countless times, but everything was fixed and checked before I saw it if it did. They even checked the grill, as I could see heat marks on the inside!

Hope this helps, and let me know if you need any other information.

David
CDavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 08:28 PM   #5

I have a 2012 267 BHS; same floor plan. Works very well for our needs. The bunk space is a bit "small" but you only realize it while awake! Otherwise a good model for the size.
Old 10-02-2014, 08:37 AM   #6

Thanks for the input! I definitely agree the Swift or SLX models show that hey tried to cheapen the cost to much. My wife and I looked at an SLX model and we both said there is no way.
Old 10-02-2014, 02:05 PM   #7

We have the same model but in the 2014 Swift. I can see by the video the Jayflight has a few more options like solid doors off the bedroom versus curtains and a pull out faucet. Mine does not but honestly other then that I don't see any other difference.
The Layout works great for us. 90 percent of the time it's just my wife and I but on occasion we pack the place with nieces and nephews. It can get pretty wild on those nights.
We bought ours from Albany RV last Fall and paid $18,000 for it. I don't know how that compares to your quoted price.
You'll like I'm sure. It's a solid, well built unit with plenty of room for everyone.
tawoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 07:01 PM   #8

Yes I agree. I have added the solid wood doors to bdrm, pull out faucet, replaced dinette cushions, added digital thermostat....but I paid a great price and upgraded slowly. And upgrading is almost as much fun as actually camping!
Old 10-03-2014, 06:04 AM   #9

Thanks for all the input on this floor plan and I am glad to see everyone liking it. Question to the SLX owners did yours come with 20# or 30# propane tanks? The thing that sold us on the Jayflight was the fact there were cabinets over the Queen bed upfront. That tends to be where we store all of our clothes on long trips and wonder what others did to keep things up there when traveling. Any pics or ideas would be interesting. Also did anyone put in a real medicine cabinet vs the mirror that it comes with?
Old 10-03-2014, 06:12 AM   #10

The only mod I did with mine is add a bathroom heat vent. We camp in the Fall and want the bathroom warm when taking a shower. I bought a vent grate and cut out an opening in the wall in front of the toilet. I connected the duct that is under the bunk with aluminum duct hose and extended it to the new bathroom grate.
Now we have a toasty bathroom when temperatures dip.
tawoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 10:11 AM   #11

We picked our 26BHS up less than a month ago and love the floorplan and the trailer in general. We got all the same options as CDavid and followed the guidelines here on the forum on how to get the best price. Got an online quote and sent out RFQ's to 4 local dealers. When all the smoke cleared we paid $19.5K, about 35.5 % off list. Did this sort of thing a lot before I retired.
Flintoid55 is offline   Reply With Quote