Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-02-2021, 06:31 PM   #1

Jay Feather Micro 166Fbs Space Under Couch

I was looking for different locations that might be useful to mount things such as the inverter or batteries or maybe a cell booster etc. I popped off the cover from the couch/slide where the slide motor is. It looks to have a reasonable amount of space under there. Has anyone tried to use this space for anything? Or maybe put hinges on the front cover vs screwed on?
Old 12-02-2021, 06:54 PM   #2
EJH

I own the Highland Ridge model of your trailer. High Ridge places cabinets under the sofa (instead of above the sofa). We have the same slide, sofa, etc so you can use that space. I can send you pictures of mine.

Also, check the "Let's Just Go Travel" channel on YouTube. They have the 166FBS and recently posted a video about under couch storage:

Old 12-02-2021, 11:11 PM   #3

Thank you for that video! That is perfect and similar to what I was thinking. Just wonder what anyone else has done with any of that space? Or if there are any other "hidden" spaces in this trailer?
Old 01-09-2022, 05:23 PM   #4
EJH

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomC_AZ View Post
Thank you for that video! That is perfect and similar to what I was thinking. Just wonder what anyone else has done with any of that space? Or if there are any other "hidden" spaces in this trailer?
Depending on the location of your water pump, there may be a lot of space under the kitchen counter, below the drawers in the rear.

My Micro 166FBS clone has the water pump under the sink cabinet. I found a ton of space under the large kitchen drawer, and behind both drawers. I was able to put an inverter there, and will likely put a 100ah LiFePo battery there also, back against the side wall. See attached pic.

However, on the one Feather Micro 166FBS model I looked at, the water pump was under the large drawer, but I bet there is still likely a lot of space behind it, or possbiely under the sink.
Attached Thumbnails
PXL_20220109_194111784.jpg  
Old 06-09-2022, 09:26 AM   #5

166fbs under couch storage

I liked the hinged panel with the struts but was trying to figure a way to do this with getting the panel out of the way (plus Ive been known to be somewhat frugal). Searched for various panel connectors and decided to try these: $3.88 @ Lowes. Worked great. Panel comes right off and overhang of couch holds panel firmly in place when traveling. Added some stops at the bottom to keep panel from bending in.
Attached Thumbnails
20220609_105827.jpg   20220609_104206.jpg  
Forester2 is offline   Reply With Quote