Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-25-2015, 12:12 PM   #1

Problem w/ TT nav lites

At dusk on our current trip noticed TT nav [marker tail etc] did not come on. Fortunately we were near our stopping point for the nite. Checked the outlet on the TV and had good power there. No obvious problem so went to the junction box on the tongue where the pigtail connects to the TT wiring and basically messed with each wire nut. Not sure what I did but upon checking again, all the nav lites came on except the 2 marker lites on each side up front by the storage doors. Arrived the next nite [same lites working] and set up for a 5 day stay. That nite noticed that the yellow lite on the back side of the TT by the wsater heater etc was dim and that the 2 front marker lites were brightly lit. Hmm mystery. Did find that the switch on a front white lite on the front [where the diamond plate is located] didn't work and upon opening the cover found the switch was pushed in and leaning in contact with the diamond plate. Don't know if it had anything to do with anything, but after taping up the switch I checked turned on the rear lite and the front 2 marker lites were off. Not plugged in so don't know if they will lite with the other marker lites but this has me scratching my head. Help!!
Bassdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 07:02 PM   #2

sounds like you have a mess! I would start by getting rid of the wire nuts, wire it directly have it soddered and then seal them with Shrink tape. See if that will solve the problem. I would also check the ground to make sure it is solid.
slabat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 07:26 PM   #3

I would look for rodent damage. Mice sometimes chew on electrical wire and connections.
.......Roof Satellite Dish, Vent Covers, Bedroom Vent Fan,
.......Rear Reciever, 12V DC Outlets (6), 320W Solar & Controller,
.......4 Lifeline AGM Batteries (600 Ah @ 12V),
.......Stereo Upgraded, Interior Speaker Upgrade, Amp
Imnaha.Mansion is offline   Reply With Quote