Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-21-2014, 08:49 PM   #1

Will these walls hold anything?

Just picked up our 2015 X213 and of course the pics made it look like it had a lot more storage. Ha ha. Several of the cabinets aren't near as usable as I expected. So I could use some shelving in the bathroom and along the back wall of the kitchen.

Can the walls take the weight? Are there any studs for me to go into or is the wall all foam? And if it's all foam, even decent drywall anchors won't do, right? I just don't want to put up a shelf and then have it fall down and rip big holes in the wall.
SilverEscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 10:03 AM   #2

I have mounted some pretty heavy things on the thin RV walls using the backboard idea. I put up some 3/4-one inch back board using MOLLY BOLTS then you can mount things like TV MOUNTS or things like that using regular screws into the back board.

This idea...

Putting up shelving should be ok following the same idea but you may have put up a grid first something like this. You have to spread the weight out across the thin RV walls for them to support anything real heavy. Maybe something like this first using MOLLY BOLTS then you can mount the assembled cabinets etc from LOWES to these using regular screws..

The pantry area next to the fridge in 213X is ideal for mount holders for sliding plastic tubs

The area inside this 12-inch wide shelve is open in the inside. Some versions have outside door access to this area.

Just keep looking for unused space and add some plastic tubs or more drawers etc.. The area behind and below the shirt ward is also open storage area...

Roy Ken
RETIRED DOD DOAF DON CONTRACTOR Electronics Tech 42YRS

"We're burning daylight" - John Wayne
2008 STARCRAFT 14RT OFF-ROAD POPUP with PD9260C and three 85AH 12VDC batteries
2010 F150 FX4 5.4 GAS with 3.73 gears - Super Cab - Towing Package - 2KW Honda EU2000i Gen
K9PHT (since 1957) 146.52Mhz
"We always have a PLAN B"
RoyBraddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 11:34 AM   #3

You have storage under the couch as well. Not many people know it is there, even the dealer did not know about it when we purchased our unit.
rodandmir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 12:14 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodandmir View Post
You have storage under the couch as well. Not many people know it is there, even the dealer did not know about it when we purchased our unit.
Yup I did see it! That's great for travelling and for infrequently used items, but I'm looking to put up a shelf to hold towels in the bathroom as I can't see flipping the couch up to access those sort of things while camping. Especially when there will be a kid or kid stuff piled on the couch. LOL

I was also wanting one of those Ikea rails for the kitchen area where you can hang different sized containers to hold all the cooking utensils, can opener, etc.

And I don't get why they mounted the toilet paper holder IN the only shelf you have in the bathroom! And they stuck the GFCI plug in their too so it's not like I can fold our towels up and put them there (towels and washcloths for 5 people). I'll have to move the toilet paper holder for sure.
SilverEscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 08:02 PM   #5

There are several over the door - organizers that fit on the back of the bathroom door. We bought one from Amazon and love it! It has 42 pockets and fasteners to hold it tight against the door. Here you go: http://goo.gl/38pjrA

Kathleen Howard
Steve the Husband
Homer the Beagle
Palm Desert, CA
2013 Acura MDX, 2015 Jayco x23b
Absolute Newbies to TT
giddyup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 11:36 PM   #6

What i did when i hung a multiple coat rack was i put 2 sided tape on back of coat rack before i screwed it on the wall worked great
2006 JAYCO JAY FEATHER 23B EXP
EQUILIZER HITCH
Kellys is offline   Reply With Quote