Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-21-2014, 05:20 PM   #1

Frige pre cool issue

Usually,I try to cool the frige a day ahead of time when we go camping. I run an extension cord out to the trailer ( 2001 Eagle 14 SO ) I did realize that the battery needs to be connected in order for it to work this way. Lately, even with the battery connected, the frige isn't working when switched to 120V. When I open the door to the frige controls, it is warm in there like something is running but the frige isn't cold. It does work on propane. I haven't tried pre cooling on 12V DC. There are 2 fuses by the frige controls, I checked them visually and they look good. What am I missing ? I did clean the connections on the battery to correct a previous not charging issue. It has worked previously on 120V. Is there another fuse/ ckt breaker ?
Appreciate any help.
PopTop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 05:26 PM   #2
Lost in the Woods

shouldn't need battery power to run the fridge on AC...my pup never even had a battery. there is a switch for AC. I assume you have it selected?

There generally is a plugin for the fridge right in the access panel. did you test the outlet for power? light or something etc.
nbhybrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 05:28 PM   #3

There will be a circuit breaker in your panel for the 110 it may also be on the same circuit as your ground fault receptacles if you have one or two.
Old 09-30-2014, 09:51 PM   #4

I haven't tested the outlet. I am assuming you are talking about the outlet in the same area as the source selector switch for the frige ? I didn't really look that over to see if it powers the frige. I remember seeing fuses but I do not recall seeing a circuit breaker. Good point though, I will check to see if I have any GFI receptacles, they may be wired upstream from the frige receptacle. I will post what I find. Thanks !
Old 10-01-2014, 04:27 AM   #5
Lost in the Woods

yes that is the outlet I am referring to. Check it for power. If you didn't notice it maybe it is unplugged for some reason
Old 10-01-2014, 03:32 PM   #6
Lost in the Woods

Is there an interior light or lights on the door? If these are on then there is power to the unit.
wwsmith111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 03:41 PM   #7
Lost in the Woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwsmith111 View Post
Is there an interior light or lights on the door? If these are on then there is power to the unit.
its a pup..I have never seen control lights and definitely not inside lights on a pup fridge
Old 07-25-2015, 11:43 PM   #8

I'm putting this in to perhaps help someone in the future. I checked the fuses and they were good. The first time I had an issue with pre cooling, I had the battery disconnected. When I had the extension cord from the house hooked up to the trailer and the refrigerator set on AC, it didn't work. OK, I just need to make sure the battery is connected. Well, I started having that issue again. I got a battery charger and tried charging the battery and noticed the battery wasn't accepting a charge. I replaced the battery and all is well again.