Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-14-2014, 03:55 PM   #1

Newbie purchase help needed!!

Hola,

The wife and I are going back and forth between a 2007 26L or a new 2014 x23B. The dealer has the new on down to 19,995. The Nada guides shows a MSRP of 23,500. Question is do you think there is room to haggle on that price? We are in CA so we are paying way more than most thoughout the US. 2015 new is listed at 23k.

The 26L is listed at 14k and we love the floorplan, but are a little worried about the age of the trailer and stuff breaking. I am a handy guy who works on boats for living so can figure out how to do a lot myself, but I dont want a project RV and we plan on having this for a long time.

Any other thoughts or suggestions a very much appreciated.

Damon
Damer419 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 05:46 PM   #2

We were looking at used but ended up buying new. I agree that there is some peace of mind that comes with purchasing a brand new unit, but the fact of the matter is there are many on this forum that have had problems with their brand new units and just as many that have had no problems with their used units. My advice, pick the floor plan you like the best. You can fix never fix a floor plan that doesn't work.
Old 07-14-2014, 06:00 PM   #3

You must be handy or you wouldn't be working on boats for a living. Forget that you like the used one and give it a good inspection with both eyes open and then you'll be able to make the right decision. That's what I had to do and I'm glad I bought used. We just love our floor plan too.
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  
Tunce the traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 06:53 PM   #4

i paid 19,995 for a 2015 X23F. Actually taking delivery of it tomorrow.
Old 07-14-2014, 07:16 PM   #5

We just paid 18,500 for a new 2014 X23B w/ power and grill option and just had our first trip this past weekend.
Brownjm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 09:59 PM   #6

Purchase

Damer419 since i have owned new and used rv's one thing to consider would be what is the value of the new one after you have had it a year and how long of a warranty does manufacture give . I think i heard the best advice already just look over the used one very carefully to see how it was previously treated then make your decision good luck
2006 JAYCO JAY FEATHER 23B EXP
EQUILIZER HITCH
Kellys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 10:40 PM   #7

try Richardson's rv in riverside....talk to Clarence there is plenty of room in that price. if you go to the website and find your choice and click the box that says internet price. then leave your info. should get a lower price and go from there....
Socalken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 09:10 AM   #8

Thank you all for the advise.......it helps tremendously.

@Cocalken - Yea Richardson's has both the units in question. They seem to have the Jayco market cornered for us in so cal. Good to know that you have had a good experience there. Google and Yelp reviews are scary for most RV dealerships.
Old 07-15-2014, 09:54 AM   #9

yeah I understand what you're saying about the scary reviews. We took our time and went around to most of the RV dealers in Southern California we really liked the jayco so we were kind of hand cuffed between Richardson's RV and camping world. we had a very stress free transaction. Just remember RV's have the largest markup. in other words words they get those RVs a lot cheaper than you think. Don't be afraid to haggle we saved about $3000. Good luck
Socalken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 06:30 AM   #10

Personally, I would opt for the new one, mostly due to the warranty. I second Richardson's and requesting the price online. We saved about 4K that way.

You are buying at a good time of year as well. They will want to get the 2014's off the lot to make room for the new 2015's, they will come down on price a lot on the ones they need to move out.

Richardson's was great to buy from, but their service department sucks, just be prepared for that.
gaylec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 08:21 PM   #11

We have been working with Richardsons for a new 2015 X23B. Were there this week and I believe the 2014 models are gone. They were priced fully loaded at $19,950. The same thing for 2015 is about $22,500. You can negotiate a few small add-ons or something extra on the install. We are absolute newbies so have a few more questions before we place our order . .
Dual 6V Deep Cycle Interstate Batteries
giddyup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 09:38 AM   #12

Good luck with the purchase - we backed out of ours when we had the opportunity after they tried to raise our interest rate a lil bit. We were in a hurry cuz we have our big trip coming up in a week and the unit would not have been ready anyway, so we decided to rent like we always do and do more research before we commit. Richardsons was fine to work with, we signed a contract and gave a deposit and the financing was going to be completed later. They we going ofter a very low rate on the contract and I guess it was not approved, cuz the bank countered with a slightly higher rate. This was an answer to prayer cuz we were cooling off biog time.

Good luck with your purchase. I still love the x23B. but fell in love with the 23mbh cuz of the flexibility without the tent ends.