Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-20-2014, 04:16 PM   #1

31 DS Cameras

Does anyone have a wiring diagram for the camera system ? I'd like to be able to hook up a monitor so I can see all three at the same time. I have a security system DVR type monitor to use.

Thanks

Dave
renman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 11:15 PM   #2

Can't help you with your question, but I find the ones in the mirrors almost useless. It takes them so long to come on when you put on the turn signals, that I have already used the more useful wide view mirror that I have made the move already.
MadDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 01:21 PM   #3

I dont know about the diagram, but I can tell you there is a controller box under the steering column kick panel that takes the signals from the cameras and signal from vehicle (turn signal, reverse...) Jayco is normally pretty good at responding with documents.

Are you thinking of using them as a security feed when the vehicle is not in motion? That would be usefule at times, like when staying in a parking lot, etc..
TX_Arvee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 06:07 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadDad View Post
Can't help you with your question, but I find the ones in the mirrors almost useless. It takes them so long to come on when you put on the turn signals, that I have already used the more useful wide view mirror that I have made the move already.
I also have found the side cameras to be rather useless. At least the Greyhawks have really nice mirrors. OTOH, the backup camera is extremely handy.

2014 Greyhawk 31FK
2007 Honda Shadow Sabre 1100cc
NC Roamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 10:34 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC Roamer View Post
I also have found the side cameras to be rather useless . . .
When I'm changing lanes I wouldn't think of taking my eyes off the mirror and the front windshield but for whomever is in the passenger seat I think the cameras provide an excellent back-up or extra set of eyes on the situation to warn the driver if something unexpected pops up . . .

I do love the idea of being able to use the 3 cameras as part of a security system when parked if someone wanted. Let us know what you come up with.

Visited in our 2011 Greyhawk 31DS
busguy is offline   Reply With Quote