Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-30-2014, 11:39 AM   #1

Bed Slide Problems

Greetings
I have just acquired a 2009 (i think) 1006 model. It is in excellent condition except the bed slides don't line up properly. I have figured out the King bed sliders are supposed to slide to the drivers side of the double bed sliders. However, it appears that they somehow got bent and their attachment to the bed frames is kinda cobbled up. In the attached picture, I added a support bolt (brass nut as a spacer) to the double bed but that doesn't allow the king slider to pass and the trailer won't close up properly. Are the slides supposed to be even with each other or should one ride higher to allow them to pass?
I also have a bunch of disks (in pic on plywood). Do these figure into the equation at all? Any help would be much appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_20140830_125254.jpg  
Roadwarrior56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 11:12 AM   #2

I have a different model, but my end slides butt together when collapsed correctly. I have noticed that the front slide will come off of the support while traveling, this makes it hard to open unless it's moved back onto the support.

I would verify that one slide is not sliding in too far before going ahead with an overlap scheme.

Edit: I see now that the rails are passing side by side.. I would try a support scheme with a bracket underneath the rails, so it doesn't block the other rail.